title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: MMC and dAP link

Question MMC and dAP link

I recently loaded r2 beta 4 of dAP. I noticed that whenever I add files to MMC, whether 1 or 1000, dAP launches in its own process and waits to work.

I then close dAP, because I dont need it open when doing file management, and it closes MMC also. I dont remember it functioning like this in my previous release.

I do quite a bit of file editing without actually playing anything, and now I am having to reopen MMC all the time. I know I could just leave dAP open while editing. I guess my question is why is (or does it appear) that MMCs process is linked to dAP process launch? Has this changed or is it just me?

later...:D

Administrator
    They are linked together, always have been.

Unhappy so they are...my bad

Indeed they are even in R1...I checked on my other machine and it does it also. im not sure what I was doing before, or not doing for that matter...but I did some pretty heavy MMC building and I never once noticed dAP loaded. Maybe that is why MMC was always open, because I never closed dAP. Thanks for the help! later...:D