title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New to this: Album Art, Library, Mystical Help?

New to this: Album Art, Library, Mystical Help?

Just purchased and started using dBpoweramp, dual ripping flac & mp3. LOVE this program.

1. Noticed when ripping a CD that only the album cover is located. Is there a way to grab the entire booklet for liner notes?

2. Not clear on what PerfectTunes is. Is that different than dB? Or just like MediaMonkey? I can't stand iTunes so I need a good library option and something that will manage my iPod(s).

3. I have wav files and mp3's that were ripped in the past from vinyl and cassettes I no longer have. No tags on them. No titles. But they are in folders with the album titles. Is there a way to automate tagging for these or must I do it manually over the next 10 years?

Thanks, Chamlin

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New to this: Album Art, Library, Mystical Help?

1. I'm not aware of any way to automatically do this. One can always search the web for these files and save in the same folder as the album.

2. Perfecttunes is not a library management tool or player. It is a program that helps with running ACCURATERIP checks (for albums that have already been ripped), can find and upgrade artwork, and can find file duplicates. Eventually it will assist in automatically cleaning up metadata tags.

3. Yes, if organized in some way with filenames and directories that represent album names, or artist names, or track names, one can use mp3tag and the "CONVERT, filename to tag" option with the appropriate settings to grap info from file names and directories and put in tags. (mp3tag can handle flac, mp3, etc., but I don't think it handles WAV files). If you really have no organization that would help do this, then there are some programs that can "listen" to your music and attempt to tag. I've not used these. Take a look at:

https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
    Last edited by garym; 01-26-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Re: New to this: Album Art, Library, Mystical Help?

Thanks, Gary. I'll check out. Downloading brainz to see if that can work for the untagged lot.