title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No Album Art with Batch Ripper

No Album Art with Batch Ripper

Whenever I do a batch rip using my 200-disc changer, I do not get album art saved with the rips. It works fine when I do a single CD using the CD Ripping software. Does anyone know if I am missing a setting? I remember it working for a period of time, but has stopped for the last few batches.

Administrator

Re: No Album Art with Batch Ripper

Once 400 lookups are used AMG will switch to commercial lookups.

I just got a Sony VGP-XL1B and dbpoweramp and Batch Ripper. After a little while to figure out how to disable Removable Storage Manager, I've got a batch that appears to ripping like a charm. Making good progress on digitizing my cd library in a quality way. Very nice.

Question on the album art issue. So if I have a licensed copy of dbpoweramp does this include the AMG "commercial license"? If not, is there a way that is recommended to get album art?

Thanks

A license to Perfect-Meta, included with new registrations of dBpoweramp or purchase separately, give you 400 AMG lookups. After that, you have to purchase a pack of commercial lookups, one pack at a time, for additional lookups. See the Batch Ripper help file, specifically the "Operation" section
    Last edited by LtData; 10-26-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    A license to Perfect-Meta, included with new registrations of dBpoweramp or purchase separately, give you 400 AMG lookups. After that, you have to purchase a pack of commercial lookups, one pack at a time, for additional lookups. See the Batch Ripper help file, specifically the "Operation" section
    Thanks. Where exactly is this help file? After loading dbpoweramp and batchripper all I have is a help file for dbpoweramp, which is a link to a webpage w/ no "Operation" section. On that web page there is a link to a Batch Ripper help, also w/ no "Operation" section. Please provide a link to this help.

Go into the main Batch Ripper help file, in the dBpoweramp Music Converter start-menu folder in help, then click "Operation" at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    Go into the main Batch Ripper help file, in the dBpoweramp Music Converter start-menu folder in help, then click "Operation" at the bottom.
    Been through everything. Multiple times. There is no "Operation". Can you answer the question, post a URL, or send me an email? Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
    Been through everything. Multiple times. There is no "Operation". Can you answer the question, post a URL, or send me an email? Thanks
    I was able to find Batch Ripper Operation on this page:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/BatchRipper/index.html

... which pointed to here ...

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/BatchRipper/options.html

-brendan

If you do not have the help file, download and install the final release version of batch ripper.

I have exactly the same issue as the OP. Why does a single instance of the CD Ripper get Album Art and the Batch Ripper does not?

They are doing the same thing behind the scenes, no? Reading the help would imply that Batch Ripper is viewed as commercial software and CD Ripper is not. Is that the case?

So I can open two (or more) instances of CD Ripper and get Album Art, but not in Batch Ripper.

It doesn't really make sense to me, please could someone explain! Thanks.

It's licensing issues with AMG, the Batch Ripper gets 400 free AMG lookups with a valid PerfectMeta license. Beyond 400, it is seen as a commercial use of their service, hence why they charge more. Remember, too, that using a robot means faster ripping (less time switching discs) and therefore more load on their server.

Thanks for the reply, it all makes sense now.