title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Clear sign DSP effects are being applied in CD ripper

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Clear sign DSP effects are being applied in CD ripper

Would be nice if during the encoding process in CD ripper there was a very visible warning to say "you do know you're applying DSP effects to this rip, don't you?" If you have the encoder window at the front, it would be easy to forget.

In fact, for this reason I only install DSPs when I (very rarely) need them, and uninstall afterwards, just to make sure I don't make a botch of ripping a lot of CDs and then have to do 'em all again.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Clear sign DSP effects are being applied in CD ripper

Hi, Just for my information, when we use a dsp, in the log file it is mentionned something like :

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-8
    DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="HDCD="

I suppose that when we use an other dsp as this one it is the same thing?

I am correct?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Clear sign DSP effects are being applied in CD ripper

Quote Originally Posted by matt_t View Post
    Would be nice if during the encoding process in CD ripper there was a very visible warning to say "you do know you're applying DSP effects to this rip, don't you?" If you have the encoder window at the front, it would be easy to forget.
    Proposed solutions:
    - Remember whether the Encoder tab was on top last time program was open or the DSP tab was, so that those who rarely change encoder settings can have the DSP tab visible all the time
    - Color the DSP tab if there is a DSP activated

In fact, I am using FLAC -8 with verification, and applying HDCD -- these pieces of information could easily fit into the same mini-window. What about a combined Encoder and DSP tab, with a movable ruler separating them?