title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.ra Codec Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wash_your_nalga
    • Sep 2008

.ra Codec Problem

I installed the .RA helix codec and after doing that I tried converting the .ra files to mp3 but I still get an error message saying unable convert. It's like it's not installed even though I installed the recent one. I do notice in the add/remove programs that the helix ra codec is showing however all the other codecs have ILLUSTRATE as the publisher/name and the helix one does not and the other codec's i got installed as well show the size of the file and the .ra codec does not so i find that strange. When i click on all audio files then i decide to go through them, .ra is not listed even though the codec is installed. any suggestions? I also have the most recent db poweramp installed as well.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: .ra Codec Problem

Please note that the helix codec is only an ENcoder. The decoder is done via the DirectShow decoder. Read the instructions here carefully: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-realaudio.htm

Comment

• wash_your_nalga
      • Sep 2008

I've downloaded the Dbpoweramp Directshow Filter (decoder) and even the Real Alternative and I still continue to get the same error message saying UNABLE TO LOAD DECODER FOR FILE TYPE .RA. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• wash_your_nalga
        • Sep 2008

Well to update, I just installed 2 trial version of other .RA to mp3 converters as well as another one called River Past Audio Conveter and had no trouble what so ever in detecting nor converting the .ra files to mp3, so the problem apparently lies with dbpoweramp than with me as i originally thought. Not sure what's up with the program

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If the directshow filter is working correctly you will be able to play .ra files in Windows Media Player, give that a try.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Note you also need RealAlternative installed to get the "Real Media Directshow Splitter" to get it to work.

Comment

Working...

]]>