title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSP Effects Release 4

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: DSP Effects Release 4

Whoo who!!!! I'll try it, and let you know!!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just run the updated DSP 4 ReplayGain on a batch of 1300 files (mainly Lame 3.92, some ALAC - all in my compilations directory) and it worked perfectly this time. Thanks Spoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    ReplayGain (Apply)

Fixed (was not applying positive gain).

Will release these effects shortly.
    Is the update incorporated in the download from today? If yes, I am not sure if I properly understand what is supposed to happen because nothing appears to happen. Neither M4B nor MP3 seem to be affected when converted to from FLAC, neither for positive nor for negative gains. For positive gains, the peak values are around 0.55 so I would expect something to happen, but also for negative gains there is no change. It also does not make a difference if I choose 'Album' or 'Track' mode, nor if I check or uncheck the calculation of missing values.

I am using the following settings and steps:

• In the configuration of Music Converted, dropping of replay gain ids is unchecked.
    • In a FLAC file, ReplayGain and Peak values are present for album and track.
    • When converting to M4B or MP3, the DSP effect 'ReplayGain (Apply)' is added. The DSP is set to 'Album' mode.
    • The DSP 'ReplayGain' is not added.

Should this be correct?

Administrator

Using which version of dMC? R13.1 or .2?

Version 13.1.

Administrator

And what was the track gain & album gain value for that track? (not peak level)

Example with positive gain: +11.54 dB, both for album and track gain.

Example with negative gain: -0.59 dB for album, -0.85 dB for track gain.

Administrator

The reduction of volume has always worked, so the -.59 album gain should lower the audio volume, but not by much (if you convert then to wave and look in an audio editor). Which program created the replaygain tags?
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-16-2009 at 09:22 AM.

dBpoweramp's ReplayGain DSP.

I did not check with a wave editor but the following two comparisons

1. Calculate the replaygain on the created M4B files.
    2. Calculate the audio CRC for all files.

All identical for the different conversions.

I am wondering if I could have made a stupid mistake in my setup. Before posting the first time today I uninstalled the old DSP, rebooted and installed the new one. I did not un- and re-install the entire suite.

Oh, and I should perhaps add that the peak remains the same: for the negative gain at 1.

Ok, it must be my set-up or usage, but I don't understand where I am making the mistake. I have installed dBpoweramp including the required codecs and the dsp beta on an XP machine where nothing related to dBpoweramp has ever been installed.

I then tested with a file with replaygain of -10.28 dB (Rehab) which I converted from FLAC to MP3 using no DSP, RG (Apply) trac gain and RG (Apply) album gain. Then I converted all to WAV.

All look identical in a wave editor. When calculating the RG, all have identical gains and peaks, including the file where no DSP was applied.

I am at really at a loss where the problem lies.

Administrator

Are you able to upload that FLAC file (rehab) to the internet somewhere? or even by email:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

I have sent a shortened example which exhibits the same problem.

Thank you a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Update to ReplayGain

Bug Fix: ReplayGain would not always write Album Gain. Also album gain recognized as 'album artist - album', for better separation of 'Greatest Hits' type albums.
    Hey,

Ran into this issue and found out about this fix from another thread, but wanted to let you know that I can confirm this fix. Any small set of files I did (largest was 7 albums or so) would get both track and album gain applied fine. But when I tried to do my whole collection of close to 7000 tracks only the track gain was applied.

Installed this and it re-ran and it worked fine.

Thanks,
    Peter S

Administrator

Update to ReplayGain (Apply)

Would not function under certain circumstances. Install as the first message.