title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSP Effects Release 4

Administrator

DSP Effects Release 4

Changes:

New Effect - Move Destination File On Error
    New Effect - ReplayGain (Apply)
    ID Tag Processing: Export of [artist] - [title], etc
    ID Tag Processing: Handling of PNG artwork (ie PNG in tag, exporting to JPG automatically converted)
    ID Tag Processing: Can export to .png files
    ID Tag Processing: New Option - so can set multi artist to / from artist1; artist2
    ID Tag Processing: New Option - to set multi artist to / from 'title (feat. artist2)'

Bug Fix: ReplayGain would not always write Album Gain. Also album gain recognized as 'album artist - album', for better separation of 'Greatest Hits' type albums.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpoweramp-dMC-DSP.exe

3.1 MB
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-06-2009 at 06:05 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Smile Re: DSP Effects Release 4

Sorry to be thick; I've Googled this but still can't work out the definitive answer...

Can Apple lossless be scanned (by whatever program onew would use for this; e.g. Foobar?) and tagged with ReplayGain tags?

And will this new DSP add ReplayGain tags to my ALAC files as I rip?

...if it's yes, I'm more excited than I've been in a long while!!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: DSP Effects Release 4

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Changes:

New Effect - Move Destination File On Error
    thanks for moving to add this option. Can we have the option to check at the end of the rip and move all files from a disc to an error directory?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've answered my own question, having managed to try it all out now!

Administrator

The current DSP Effect 'ReplayGain' will add replaygain tags.

Administrator

Why at the end of a rip?

dBpoweramp Guru

Why at the end of a rip?
    Because I would like to move the entire album folder to an "error" directory if any 1 song has an error.

Changes:
    New Effect - ReplayGain (Apply)
    I am not sure if I understand this feature correctly. In the help text it says

This effect was created mainly for the dBpoweramp Audio Player, so certain options have no relevance to audio conversion. This effect will apply ReplayGain to the destination file based on an already calculated ReplayGain ID Tag (should be present in the source file), it is ideal for creating files which are ReplayGain'ed for use on Players which are ReplayGain incompatible.
    I have some FLAC files which contain both trac and album replay gains. I have tried to convert those files using the m4b (Audio Book) converter with the DSP effect ReplayGain (Apply), testing both the track and album gain settings but it did not seem to have any effect.

Since I did not trust my ears I have applied the ReplayGain calculation to files which were created with and without this DSP and in both cases the calculated replay gain was the same.

Should this DSP have an effect for m4b creation?

Or, more generally asked, for which conversions does this DSP have an effect? I would find it most helpful if it would work for m4a, m4b, Apple lossless, and lame.

Cheers,
    Christian

Administrator

Should be all, how is the replaygain stored in your flac file, as a test take one flac file with no rg values and use the utility codec [ReplayGain] to add some RG tags then convert that to m4b with the dsp effect apply.

Should be all, how is the replaygain stored in your flac file, as a test take one flac file with no rg values and use the utility codec [ReplayGain] to add some RG tags then convert that to m4b with the dsp effect apply.
    Here is what I did:

1) Used the audio conversion ReplayGain on a flac file. Both trac and album gain are calculated and stored in the file. This gives the following ID Tags according to audioinfo:

replaygain_album_gain: +2.41 dB
    replaygain_album_peak: 0.664947
    replaygain_track_gain: +2.41 dB
    replaygain_track_peak: 0.664947

2) Used the audiobook converter without DSP, with DSP set to track gain, with DSP set to album gain and generated three files.

3) Calculated CRC on all files which is identical:

CRC32 Filename

0337634A T:\test_dsp\no_gain.m4b
    0337634A T:\test_dsp\album_gain.m4b
    0337634A T:\test_dsp\track_gain.m4b

4) Used the replay gain conversion on all three files. The replay gain ID tags are a) the same for all three files and b) not zero, actually same magnitude as the original one.

5) Repeated the same procedure with lame for mp3 with identical results (the replay gains on the mp3 files are different from the m4b).

6) Tried a flac file from a different CD with identical results.

I am using version 13.1 and according to the update check all the latest versions of the codecs are the same. OS is Vista 32-bit.

Any idea what I might do wrong, where I may have the wrong configuration?

Thanks,
    Christian

Administrator

DSP effects updated:

ID Tag Processing: Export of [artist] - [title], etc
    ID Tag Processing: Handling of PNG artwork (ie PNG in tag, exporting to JPG automatically converted)
    ID Tag Processing: Can export to .png files
    ID Tag Processing: New Option - so can set multi artist to / from artist1; artist2
    ID Tag Processing: New Option - to set multi artist to / from 'title (feat. artist2)'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Any chance of getting a BPM (betas per minute) calculator/analyser DSP that works similar to the ReplayGain one, but checks a files BMP and writes it to the BPM tag?

Administrator

We tested one, they generally do not work very well, at least not good enough for us.

Administrator

ReplayGain (Apply)

Fixed (was not applying positive gain).

Will release these effects shortly.

Administrator

Update to ReplayGain

Bug Fix: ReplayGain would not always write Album Gain. Also album gain recognized as 'album artist - album', for better separation of 'Greatest Hits' type albums.