title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

batch ripper licensing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sredmyer
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

batch ripper licensing

If I want to run the batch ripper app on two separate computers do I need to buy two registrations? Also how would the paid meta-data lookups work in this situation.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: batch ripper licensing

Note that what I am saying is me guessing. Spoon, as always, has the final word.

Since the Batch Ripper just requires Reference, if you plan on using the app on both computers, mostly at the same time, yes you would need two Reference licenses.

All meta-data licenses, both the PerfectMeta CD Ripper and the Batch Ripper licenses require a license per computer, so for the Batch Ripper you would have to buy a commercial AMG license for each computer.

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Assuming you are ripping a large collection: in the end, it's all a wash, since after the first 400 free AMG lookups, both AMG and GD3 charge per lookup.

Just make sure you bulk purchase your AMG lookups in the smallest denomination.

-brendan

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Actually, GD3 charges from the first lookup, I believe.

Comment

• sredmyer
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2008

Originally posted by LtData
          Actually, GD3 charges from the first lookup, I believe.
          That brings up another question I have been wondering about...what is the licensing model for GD3 in Batch Ripper. With AMG, I can look and see how many more lookups I have remaining, I do not know how to tell how many lookups (or is it time based) I have with GD3. I also do not see any obvious way to purchase more GD3 lookups (or time).

Thanks,
          Steve

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Sorry, it is mentioned in the 2nd page of the Batch Ripper download thread, but here's the part that matters:
            Originally posted by Spoon
            GD3, provision for entering a username and password, users have to open their own accounts on GD3 and pay per lookup.
            So go here http://www.getdigitaldata.com/Purchasing.aspx and make an account, use the bottom link, GD3 lookups.

Comment

• sredmyer
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2008

Originally posted by LtData
              Sorry, it is mentioned in the 2nd page of the Batch Ripper download thread, but here's the part that matters: So go here http://www.getdigitaldata.com/Purchasing.aspx and make an account, use the bottom link, GD3 lookups.
              So I have not been using GD3 service thus far then...hmm I wonder how I would have known that. In my MetaData setup GD3 is checked and the Inteligent option is set to use both. I never get any warning or other indication that GD3 is not really being used. Or possibly it is (freebee demo lookups??).

So what is the cost for GD3 lookups? is it priced (like AMG is for Batch Ripper) on a per lookup model or is it like AMG for CD Ripper and just good for a certain time period?

All of this of course leads to the next obvious question which is when is the promissed help file for this wonderful app coming?

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

GD3 is $0.10 a disc.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

GD3 lookups are purchased directly from GD3, via the link I gave you. It has the details on pricing and packages and expiration, if not any such questions need to be directed to them.

Comment

Working...

]]>