title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion TO .aa yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestpi
    • Sep 2008

Conversion TO .aa yet?

Garmin GPS only accepts the .aa format for it's audio books. Being able to convert text to speech and then to .aa or MP3 to .aa would be of great advantage.

It does not accept any other format for it's audio books. It does play MP3 but the bookmark feature on the audio book program is awesome.

I'm told the spoon is the man. If it can be done, he knows the way.

Cheers,
    John
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Conversion TO .aa yet?

.aa is Audible's proprietary format used for audiobooks. They sent a "cease and desist" letter regarding this forum informing user's how to convert from aa, so they probably will never let users convert INTO .aa.

Comment

• bestpi
      • Sep 2008

That creates significant noticible vaccume. (Really sucks)

So that means that even if someone (like an annon. reader) knew, thay couldn't put it in an email to bagofrats1414 AT yahoo DOT com either probably. Is that a correct assumption?
      Last edited by LtData; 09-02-2008, 03:56 AM. Reason: obfuscating e-mail

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Probably, yes. Also, I edited your e-mail to keep spambots from harvesting it.

Comment

• RussellRay
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2004

Hello all

I am in a similar situation - only in reverse.
          I'd like to convert my AA files to anything more sensible.

As I approach pension age I find I have more time
          to read all those novels that I could never fit into my busy, young schedule,
          but my eyes are getting weaker too.
          So audiobooks - for me - are a real blessing.
          I literally devour the great classics of English, American, European, and Russian literature in this way.

I am a paid-up member of audible.com; their catalog is really comprehensive
          and their prices are fair.
          But how I loathe their small-minded philosophy and their AA files.
          I've complained often, assuring them I haven't the least intention of distributing thousands of illegal copies - but it all falls on deaf ears.
          All I want is to convert them to MP3 for my private use.

At the moment I use TuneBite (a slightly more automated equivalent of dBpoweramp's auxiliary input - I'm sure Spoon and co. won't mind my saying that) - but this digital-to-analog-to-digital procedure is incredibly laborious and time-consuming. I have to leave the compiuter on all night.
          And I'm not too sure about its reliability.

So if anyone would be so kind and let me know of some quicker, more automated, and more reliable methd, I'd be very grateful.

russell.rayATwanadoo.fr

Comment

Working...

]]>