title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBPowerAmp Linux

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZmanMichael
    • Aug 2008

dBPowerAmp Linux

I'm getting ready to switch my 2 desktops and 2 laptops to Linux. Is dBPowerAmp Linux available or will I have to find another audio conversion software that is compatible with Linux?? If not, how soon until a Linux version is available?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBPowerAmp Linux

There is not a Linux version available and probably never will be, as there is one developer, Spoon. Doing a Linux version would require a total rewrite of dMC.

However, dMC does work somewhat in Wine as far as converting goes. I'm not sure how it functions in regards to CD ripping in Wine
    Last edited by LtData; 08-31-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• yo_pandabear
      • Nov 2007

I am with you, ZmanMichael. I have 3 computers I have "UPGRADED" TO Linux. I have one running XP Pro. I will give dbPowerAmp a try with Wine.

I am trying to get playlist on my new Cowon D2. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. I have tried WMPlayer, Media Monkey, JetShell, dbPowerAmp, and I don't know what else. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

there were talks about this earlier, and as far as I understood, the player too works under wine.
        i really would like to see a linux version of dbpoweramp. have you thought of creating one? linux is starting to get more popular now, considdering windows is getting more like crap. please considder creating a linux port, the linux community would appreciate it

there is also a sticky post in "General" about this:
        Yes you heard it right!! check out the news! : http://frankscorner.org/ you will need to install wine and then install dap and dmc under wine.

If you want to use something that is native to linux, I would consider Amarok.

Comment

Working...

]]>