title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mouse-free way to edit my chosen metadata values

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjmac
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2008

Mouse-free way to edit my chosen metadata values

I'm currently using R13.1 beta.

Example scenario:

I like to edit the year of each track on a compilation album so that it is the year the track was first released, not the year the compilation was produced.

Current method:

At the moment I have to take my hands off the keyboard to click to select each track in the grid, and then click to select the Year textbox in the Metadata tab at the bottom of the screen.

Proposed method:

I would prefer to be able to choose to display Year in the track grid (I can do this already) and click on a year value to edit it (which I can't do, always the song title opens up for editing, and always at the left of the screen, even if the title column is over at the right of the screen).

Then, when I edit a value pressing tab or return should take me to the next item in that column so I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard (spread-sheet/Excel style).

(Or maybe I should stop obsessing about metadata that I'll probably never read!)
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Mouse-free way to edit my chosen metadata values

Don't select a track, then your changes apply to every file on the CD.

Comment

• sjmac
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2008

Re: Mouse-free way to edit my chosen metadata values

Yes but ... I want each track to have a different date (compilation of singles - I want the track date to be the date the single was first released). I have to check the "compilation" box first to allow this.

BTW, the tool tip for the compilation check box says "Check for multi artist compilation CDs", but it's useful for single artist compilations too.

Comment

Working...

]]>