title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 Enhancement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geez
    • Oct 2005

MP3 Enhancement

Does anyone know of anybody that's put out a solid 'mp3 enhancement' creator/editor? I know you can do it with Apple codecs, but it makes more sense to be able to use something more universal like mp3. Specifically, I'm looking to be able to add breaks, text, images and links within a podcast. I've been messing around with 'SoundClick' but it keeps crashing and is frankly time consuming to say the least. I also noticed they discontinued it, even though you can still download it. I'm excited about the possibilities, but haven't been able to find more info on it. Anybody else know something I don't?

K j A M
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: MP3 Enhancement

Try Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    Is this what you wanted?

Comment

• geez
      • Oct 2005

Re: MP3 Enhancement

Thanks, Audacity is really just a sound editor with encoding capabilities. The enhanced mp3 format (much like Apples) allows you add markers within a long non-stop mix, plus links, pics or even flash animation. This would be very useful for podcasts containing multiple songs mixed together. Though their are only a handful of players that support it, the file can still be played on a traditional player without all the goodies. The 'Soundclick' was heading in that direction but apparently stopped developing it. I'm not sure that's because of the difficulty involved or lack of interest. I was intrigued when Beatport started endcoding their podcast using the Apple codecs that way. It's pretty cool, but let's face it, mp3 is more universal and that's why I was asking about it. Other than Soundclick, I haven't been able to find anything else on the Internet. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...

]]>