title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Improved AMG Licensing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • egd
    • Jul 2008

Improved AMG Licensing

As a user with well in excess of 400 CDs (I know I'm not alone here) I'd like to see an improved license deal negotiated with AMG such that more than 400 CDs is not considered commercial and thus attract a 7 cent lookup fee. I'd have though a more realistic ceiling might be something like 2000 or thereabouts. Naturally, I'm prepared to pay more if required, but 7c a lookup for non-commercial purposes is a little rich.
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Improved AMG Licensing

you can use an unlimited amount if you do NOT use the batch ripper.

Comment

• egd
      • Jul 2008

can I interpret this to mean that once I've hit 400 I can revert to the regular ripper to get the AMG metadata? If so that's useful, but I'd still like to see a more realistic licensing arrangement, albeit I do know that negotiations have been difficult as it is.

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

yes, that is correct. The batch ripper is aimed, first and formost at commercial rippers. I think it was a struggle for spoon to get the 400 free from AMG, and he did not get any free from GD3.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Correct, Spoon stated he had to go through months of negotiations to get 400 free. The reason is because if the batch ripper is being used, it is normally used by commercial companies that will be ripping lots of CDs, hence the commercial license.

Comment

Working...

]]>