title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Lame.exe and Patent

Lame.exe and Patent

Hello , if a person which is individual have a app which can encode with lame.exe (which is free and open source) , and do not include lame.exe in his app and let the end-user to download it separately , Need Patent from www.mp3licensing.com to sell his app ?, what can he do to do not need patent

very thanks , please help me ?:komisch9::blush:

Administrator

Re: Lame.exe and Patent

If you do not include lame.exe then you have nothing to worry about.

for instance that is how Audicity works with mp3, and thus they remain free of patents

Very Thanks , You got me and he very happy , but i remmeber that his app is not free and is notopen source and have not any relevance with dbpowerapm and his app can work with mp3 encoder(with lame.exe) if the end-user want to encode to mp3 . For more certitude are you accept this ?( I Will not need to mp3 patent of www.mp3licesning.com)

Sorry for my bad english:D

Very Thanks.
    Last edited by pedram; 08-25-2008 at 05:38 AM.

Your second post is very confusing.

Anyway Spoon said that if you do not inlclude lame, or any other mp3 codec in the product itself, then you don't have problems. I gave an example of that approach with Audicity. EAC is another example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Your second post is very confusing.

Anyway Spoon said that if you do not inlclude lame, or any other mp3 codec in the product itself, then you don't have problems. I gave an example of that approach with Audicity. EAC is another example of this.
    thanks you donny, but when i see you use a free app to show me , I thinked You think my software is free or my app is open source and forget that to bold sell word in first post , i mistake that to use lame.exe is free and open source insted of (which is free and open source) in first post , and show you i want to use my app in commercial (sharware license) . anyway very thanks.

thank you , you helping me too , thanks
    Last edited by pedram; 08-26-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Licensing issues would be best taken up with Thompson, they make the final decision anyway.