title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: File extensions and destinations with dMC File Selector

File extensions and destinations with dMC File Selector

I used File Selector to convert some .APE files to .MP3. After the conversion, the new files were named <file>.ape.mp3.

Not really a bug, I guess, if it was designed this way. But it's wierd. I'd rather have them just be <file>.mp3. If I do a lot of conversions, it's a lot of work to go back and rename them all.

Second, if I select "Same Folder as Original", it duplicates the entire folder tree within the original folder. I tried a couple of conversions, and was shocked to discover this in my directory tree:

F:\music\Artists\E\Evenrude\Superabsorbent\music\A rtists\E\Evenrude\Superabsorbent\music\Artists\E\E venrude\Superabsorbent\music\Artists\E\Evenrude\Su perabsorbent\02 - Transvestite.mp3.mp3.mp3

I think that if you select "Same Folder as Original", it should strip off the path and just put the file by itself in the original folder. This is what dAP does when you right-click a file and choose "Convert To" and select "Same Folder as Original". Also, dAP names the new file correctly, e.g. <file>.mp3 instead of <file>.ape.mp3.

Administrator
    Just select drive F: as the output folder and it will go to the right place.

Ok, I'll remember to use the specific directory that I want the tree to be put in.

Now -- about that '.mp3.mp3.mp3' business? What's up with that? :-)

Administrator
    Ok, it is a confirmed bug the double extensions. I will look at it when I can.