title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Monitoring lossless content folders and then automatically converting to MP3

Monitoring lossless content folders and then automatically converting to MP3

Hi,

I have archived my music collection in a lossless format but there are so many imcompatiblities between systems and devices that keeping a single lossless collection in either WMA, AAC, Flac, or WAV isn't always an option.

What I'd like to do is have a process run in the background which monitors a specific folder for any new or changed content and then automatically updates a second location with the MP3 version of that content so it is universal and can easily be accessed by amost any hardware device or system.

Can anyone assist me in setting up a scheduled process or a batch file to facilitate this using dbpoweramp?

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Monitoring lossless content folders and then automatically converting to MP3

You would have to use a script, as there is not a way to invoke dMC via the command-line to encode multiple files. Alternatively, if you could find a program that would monitor for changes, it could invoke dMC via command-line for those files. However, I am unware of a program that does this.

Re: Monitoring lossless content folders and then automatically converting to MP3

Interesting. If I understand correctly, then I can look into creating a script which looks for changes and if found, then uses a command line to process the conversion. Can you provide an example of a command line call to convert a WMA file to MP3?

Thanks

Ed

Administrator

Resurrecting this thread from four years ago because I'm looking for a similar feature and wondering if this has been incorporated since CeeDubbs posed his question.

Can dbpoweramp monitor a lossless (in my case single .flac files and cue sheets) library and automatically convert new additions into a separate .mp3 library? Even better, could I instruct it to copy anything found in the first library into the second library? I'd like to have a "master library" of cd rips, downloaded mix tapes, etc. and a mirror copy that's all lossy to aid with compatibility and device memory issues. Thanks,

Matthew

Administrator

No