title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

H2cdimage for Audio CDs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BugsBunny
    • Aug 2008

H2cdimage for Audio CDs?

There's a great program to recover damaged data CDs/DVDs:
    Aktuelle IT-Nachrichten, Hardware- und Software-Tests, Know-how und Praxistipps zu Windows, Linux, Mac OS und Smartphones. Alle 14 Tage neu.

Different drives can be used to recover a damaged CD/DVD that one CD/DVD drive alone cannot read without errors.
    The idea is that other CD/DVD drives may be able to read parts of the CD that the other drive could not read.
    I could recover some data CDs with this tool using different drives to complete the image.

I wonder if something like this could be made for Audio CDs as well?
    Dbpoweramp knows the frames that could not be securely read. So maybe a feature could be included to try to securely read these insecure frames using other drives and this way get a secure rip in the end.
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: H2cdimage for Audio CDs?

This type of idea has been mentioned before and I think its a good one. Unfortunately the site you linked to is not english.

I would envision ripping to a temporary file and storing data on C2 errors that were detected and frames that may have problems. Then when the problematic track is re-ripped in a different drive (or maybe the same drive after cleaning) the rip data that has already been obtained is not lost.

I think this would be particularly valuable with the batch ripper and robots that have multiple drives and are capable of accepting multiple different models of drives, such as the Composer Max.

Comment

• BugsBunny
      • Aug 2008

Re: H2cdimage for Audio CDs?

Here's a link with some info in english about h2cdimage:

The program itself is from a german computer magazine.

Comment

Working...

]]>