title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sylvainp
    • Sep 2006

Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

I can't use accurate rip to find the offset on my Deamon Tools virtual drive in CD ripper.

I have made 3 key disk with EAC and they all are accurate. Now I want to find the offset of my Deamon Tools virtual drive but I know it is 0 offset.

When I load my Cue sheet with Deamon Tools CD Ripper I have the accurate rip configuration pop up windows tell me that I need to find the offset and the CD can be used to find the offset. Then I press configure then I have this message.

This disc cannot be used for offset detection.

But when I extract the files they have the same CRC as the one made with my Plextor drive.

I know my rips from the Deamon Tools drive are accurate but Accurate Rip somehow doesn't seems to accept the CD image as reference disc.

It looks like their is a bug in the Accurate Rip software.

Any hint or tricks to solve this problem ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

If a disc has multiple pressings it will not find the offset for a drive which is not in the database, so you need to find 3 key discs which are not multi-pressings.

We do not like the use to virtual drives with AccurateRip, your computer will go on to a submission black list.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sylvainp
      • Sep 2006

Well the 3 disc image I made from my original CD are all Accurate and the pressing are also in the Accurate Rip database.

I wanted to use these CD image to configure the virtual drive read offset but it seems that I cannot use it.

Comment

• Vulcan
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by sylvainp
        Well the 3 disc image I made from my original CD are all Accurate and the pressing are also in the Accurate Rip database.

I wanted to use these CD image to configure the virtual drive read offset but it seems that I cannot use it.
        My advice would be to just keep feeding it pressed CDs until you get one that works.

Comment

• Tigerman
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2005

We do not like the use to virtual drives with AccurateRip, your computer will go on to a submission black list.
          I sometimes use a virtual drive to check images and cues I've downloaded.
          Some questions:
          • Is it possible to purge the virtual drive results before sending the results of my plextor?
          • Is the computer blacklisted or IP?
          • How can I check if PC is blacklisted? (I can't remember if I send results with virtual drive results in them)

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I tihnk the problem with trying to rip accurately-ripped disc images is that the ripping drive already applied it's offset to the image, so AccurateRip is confused that it detects an offset but none is present.

Comment

• Tigerman
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2005

I tihnk the problem with trying to rip accurately-ripped disc images is that the ripping drive already applied it's offset to the image, so AccurateRip is confused that it detects an offset but none is present.
              I have configured the virtual drive with images of 3 cds I made with my Plextor.
              By changing the offset in de register (to match the used drive) I have succesfully extracted images I've downloaded.
              By succesfully I mean I got the accurately ripped, confidence ... messages.

P.S. With offset already applied to image, accurate rip finds an offset of zero for virtual drive.
              With Offset not applied to image, I think accurate rip would find the offset of the used drive.

P.P.S.

I used George Harrison - Cloud Nine, Pretenders - the Singles and a various artists - Made In Holland.

Comment

Working...

]]>