title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

I can't use accurate rip to find the offset on my Deamon Tools virtual drive in CD ripper.

I have made 3 key disk with EAC and they all are accurate. Now I want to find the offset of my Deamon Tools virtual drive but I know it is 0 offset.

When I load my Cue sheet with Deamon Tools CD Ripper I have the accurate rip configuration pop up windows tell me that I need to find the offset and the CD can be used to find the offset. Then I press configure then I have this message.

This disc cannot be used for offset detection.

But when I extract the files they have the same CRC as the one made with my Plextor drive.

I know my rips from the Deamon Tools drive are accurate but Accurate Rip somehow doesn't seems to accept the CD image as reference disc.

It looks like their is a bug in the Accurate Rip software.

Any hint or tricks to solve this problem ?

Administrator

Re: Can't use accurate rip CD to find drive offset

If a disc has multiple pressings it will not find the offset for a drive which is not in the database, so you need to find 3 key discs which are not multi-pressings.

We do not like the use to virtual drives with AccurateRip, your computer will go on to a submission black list.

Well the 3 disc image I made from my original CD are all Accurate and the pressing are also in the Accurate Rip database.

I wanted to use these CD image to configure the virtual drive read offset but it seems that I cannot use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvainp View Post
    Well the 3 disc image I made from my original CD are all Accurate and the pressing are also in the Accurate Rip database.

I wanted to use these CD image to configure the virtual drive read offset but it seems that I cannot use it.
    My advice would be to just keep feeding it pressed CDs until you get one that works.

We do not like the use to virtual drives with AccurateRip, your computer will go on to a submission black list.
    I sometimes use a virtual drive to check images and cues I've downloaded.
    Some questions:
    • Is it possible to purge the virtual drive results before sending the results of my plextor?
    • Is the computer blacklisted or IP?
    • How can I check if PC is blacklisted? (I can't remember if I send results with virtual drive results in them)

I tihnk the problem with trying to rip accurately-ripped disc images is that the ripping drive already applied it's offset to the image, so AccurateRip is confused that it detects an offset but none is present.

I tihnk the problem with trying to rip accurately-ripped disc images is that the ripping drive already applied it's offset to the image, so AccurateRip is confused that it detects an offset but none is present.
    I have configured the virtual drive with images of 3 cds I made with my Plextor.
    By changing the offset in de register (to match the used drive) I have succesfully extracted images I've downloaded.
    By succesfully I mean I got the accurately ripped, confidence ... messages.

P.S. With offset already applied to image, accurate rip finds an offset of zero for virtual drive.
    With Offset not applied to image, I think accurate rip would find the offset of the used drive.

P.P.S.

I used George Harrison - Cloud Nine, Pretenders - the Singles and a various artists - Made In Holland.