title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

I have recently got into music streaming and discovered your great software. I have dB Poweramp on my main PC and am running RipNas Essentials with an optical drive usb'd to an ACER Homestore. I have Asset UPnP inside Windows home server on the Acer and I find Asset Control works very well on a netbook I have.
    I recently discovered dBPoweramp Renaissance. I am prticularly enticed by it since I am running Windows 7 on the netbook and like the function to use WASPI for bit perfect replay.
    I can start up Renaissance and understand the basic CL wording to control the player BUT as a dumbo at using command lines I just don't quite get how I point Rennaisance at the music i have stored on the Acer. It is the specific way that I have stored my music that is perhaps the problem. I have it in the Acer server's Music folder in a set of sub-folders where the ripped music is stored by genre using folder names such as 'Jazz Piano' or 'ROCK' for example.

So for example the full path to the server and to a particular CD called "We get requests" would be :

\\Geoff\Music\Jazz Piano\Oscar peterson\we get requests

In principle I would want Renaissance to start playing the CD at track one and work its' way through the full album. The next time I start up Renaissance I would want to point it at a different album using a correctly worded path similar to the example above.

Assuming I only have a single 'zone' and so don't need to specify a zone I am not sure if I should be entering something such as

c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\uplayer.exe" -enqueue="\\Geoff\Music\Jazz Piano\Oscar peterson\we get requests" ( do I need to add the title of the 1st track on the end?)

OR

c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\uplayer.exe" -collection="\\Geoff\Music\Jazz Piano\Oscar peterson\we get requests"

My first attempts along these lines have failed hopelessly. When I start up Renaissance with no music pointer it starts playing music which I know the location of but I can't figure out how it decided to go to that specific place in my folder structure to find music and since the place it goes seems to vary I am thouroughly confused.

My request is for an example complete command line constructed to make the example I have given work. If you can help with that I can hopefully take it from there.

regards
    Geoff

Administrator

Why not use a Control Point (UPnP) to control playback through Renaissance?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Why not use a Control Point (UPnP) to control playback through Renaissance?
    I was trying that with little success on my Ipod using Plugplayer. I must be honest a 'blind spot' in thinking occurred. I am now using Asset control on the PC that is running as a UpnP player and it works fine....DOH!

thanks
    Geoff

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Testing a system based on Ripnas essentials, Asset and Renaissance and I am confused on how Renaissance deals with replay gain.

I found these intructions

Add ReplayGain abilities to uPlayer. To use, install DSP as instructed:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...oper*post81031

In the folder:

%appdata%\dbpoweramp\uPlayer\

create a file called:

default-dsps.bin

Drop it into notepad and add:

ReplayGain (Apply)
    -mode="0"

Save the file as 'Unicode' encoding. That is it, start uPlayer and:

Any audio files with track gain are processed, files without trackgain have the trackgain calculated and the values are stored in an internal DB for next playback.

Customizations:

-mode="1" apply album gain (must be present in the id tags)
    -activedb="-1.23" lower the volume for files with RG
    -nonactivedb="-1.23" lower the volume for files without RG
    -nocalc do not calculate RG when is missing.
    To actually play tracks and use replay gain to I have mode=0 or mode=1?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I bit of a noob question: I'm considering upgrading to one of the Denon 10 series or 11 series receivers with DNLA capability, and I want to stream my music ripped painstakingly via CD Ripper, but not sure exactly what combination of dBpoweramp uPnP components I'd need for the best quality reproduction.

More specifically, is it possible to use Renaissance with Asset Control and Asset with a DNLA-capable Denon receiver? If possible, does using Renaissance provide any benefit versus whatever is embedded in the Denon receivers for the same purpose?

I think the highest quality reproduction would result from using the DACs in the receiver, but not sure what processing occurs to my stream with Denon's DNLA functions, and what of this processing can be done and is better done by dBpoweramp products.

TFYH.
    Last edited by biggles; 09-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBaboon View Post
    Testing a system based on Ripnas essentials, Asset and Renaissance and I am confused on how Renaissance deals with replay gain.

I found these intructions

To actually play tracks and use replay gain to I have mode=0 or mode=1?

ReplayGain does not currently work over upnp with renaissance.

Administrator

Renaissance is the Player, you would need just Asset UPnP to serve the files to the Denon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    ReplayGain does not currently work over upnp with renaissance.
    Ok saves some head scratching. I assume from another response in another part of the forum that the player is the least of your worries for now as you concentrate on the Assets?

Administrator

It is an on going project, but not a high priority like dBpoweramp R14 or Asset (control or server).

I have just started using dBpoweramp Renaissance and it seems excellent. However, I am having an issues with WASAPI output:

I am using Asset UPnP on a windows home server with dBpoweramp Renaissance installed on two PCs, one a Dell Laptop running VISTA, the other an Ion/Atom based PC running Windows 7 32 bit with an SSD drive. The VISTA machine also has dbPoweramp R14 running on it. Streaming is controlled via Asset Control on each PC.

Renaissance on the Vista machine plays fine via WASAPI when started using the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" --zone="WASAPI:-1:dBpoweramp Renaissance"

Renaissance on the Windows 7 machine plays fine via the WAVEAUDIO interface but I can't get it to work via WASAPI. I have tried changing the sound source number from -1 to 7, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" --zone="WASAPI:3:dBpoweramp Renaissance"

but without any joy.

However, I can play music via WASAPI on the Windows 7 machine using Foobar2000, when I select the appropriate WASAPI option (e.g. WASAPI:NVIDA HDMI OUT)

I wondered if anyone could point me to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much

P.S. are the two dashes "--zone" before zone essential?

Administrator

For WASAPI you do not specify the index (1, 2, 3) rather the device name.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks very much for your help. However, using the device name doesn't seem to work on either the Vista or Win7 machines. I am using:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" -zone="WASAPI:NVIDIA HDMI Out:Living Room-WASAPI"

where "NVIDIA HDMI Out" is the device name for the output connected to my system (as per Windows Control panel and Foobar).

Perhaps I have got the syntax wrong?

Administrator

In the speaker >> properties (icon in Windows system tray) you can disable the unused outputs and use -1

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am afraid that for some unfathomable reason this does not work on the Win7 PC either so for the moment I have gone back to Foobar acting as the UPNP renderer via WASAPI with Asset UPNP on WHS as the server and Asset Control as the controller which all seems to work very well.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

John

Hi Spoon,

An update which may prove helpful to others: I've recently moved to using the SPDIF output on my Win7 PC to connect to an outboard DAC instead of using the HDMI output to route audio and strangely enough the Renaissance WASAPI option now seems to work very well through the SPDIF hardware....

Best regards,

John