title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Make sure you are starting it with uplayer.exe not the -upnp one.

On mine kinsky finds the room as 'Main' and 2 renderers, one dBpoweramp Renaissance (Playlist) and UPnP AV (dBpoweramp Renaissance)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Make sure you are starting it with uplayer.exe not the -upnp one.

On mine kinsky finds the room as 'Main' and 2 renderers, one dBpoweramp Renaissance (Playlist) and UPnP AV (dBpoweramp Renaissance)
    I may have done something wrong. I've re-downloaded and reinstalled though I'm not sure I'm picking up the right version. The installer says it's Beta 0.2 and the application exe says V1.0.0.3. I assume I should just take the download from the link in the first post in the thread? Couldn't see anywhere else it might be.

I still pick up the Room as dBpoweramp Renaissance and Source as UpnpAv (global). I can at least get some stuff to play but half the function seems to be missing.

Hope you can help.

R

Administrator

My mistake, the wrong filename of the install, now corrected 'dBpoweramp-Renaissance.exe'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    My mistake, the wrong filename of the install, now corrected 'dBpoweramp-Renaissance.exe'
    Got it. Many thanks.

R
    Last edited by rweten; 01-16-2010 at 04:40 AM.

dBpoweramp Renaissance 0.4a and multiple zones

Since downloading the 0.4a uplayer, I can only get one zone to work at a time. I start 2 players, one for the PC's speakers and the other one for the pc's digital out (which goes to the stereo.) Since upgrading to 0.4a, only the first player I start works. If I stop one, the other will will work.

And I suspect this is related, my 2 Airport Extremes have also stopped showing up as players as well.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance 0.4a and multiple zones

How are you starting the two? (exact command line)

uPlayer.exe -collection="PC" -zone="waveout:0:PC"
    uPlayer.exe -collection="stereo" -zone="waveout:2:stereo"

Both process work fine if started alone. The one that I start second, keeps running, with the usual output.

PC:
    Audio Collection: PC Audio Output Device: waveout:0:PC
    stereo:
    Audio Collection: stereo Audio Output Device: waveout:2:stereo
    Last edited by steverose; 01-18-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Administrator

and how do you control them? by command line also?

either an iPod touch with plugplayer or kinsky (tried both classic and desktop.)

Administrator

Try this please, start the two as normal, and create two wave files on the HDD C:\a.wav and C:\b.wav (over 2 minutes each one)

Then open a new command window and type:

uPlayer.exe -collection="PC" -zone="waveout:0:PC" -play="c:\a.wav"

One should start playing, then:

uPlayer.exe -collection="stereo" -zone="waveout:2:stereo" -play="c:\b.wav"

What happens with the 2nd one?

Everything works fine from the command line. The right sounds come from the correct speakers

nNteresting, the poblem is getting a second renderer to show up in the control point, i.e. kinsky. I have a freeware uPnP browser on the iPod touch and it also only shows one uplayer.exe at a time.

Have now installed Renaissance under XP on a laptop here and I'm trying to operate it with three different control points - Kinsky Laptop, Songbook/Touch, and Plugplayer.

First things first. I have the player come up and running after starting the laptop. However, if I've had more than one of the control points try to work with it, once I close Renaissance down I cannot open it again. The black box appears, then disappears within perhaps 0.5 sec. I can only get Renaissance to work again by restarting the machine.

Kinsky seems to work OK. It finds the player and can see two sources (Playlist and uPnp). I can drag tracks (FLAC files) into a playlist and they are rendered fine (both CD 16bit/44kHz and Studio Master 24bit/96khz). A few irritations:

- Once a track starts playing it can take as long as 20 seconds before the controls in Kinsky come available. So there is no track time displayed, and the volume control won't adjust
    - Commands issued by Kinsky can take a few seconds to go through - e.g. play next track takes perhaps 3 seconds to happen. Similarly it can take 5 seconds to clear the playlist
    - If I close Kinsky (without stopping the player) then close uPlayer, next time uPlayer starts it will immediately start playing again from the start of the playlist. Is this by design? With my Linn DS player that doesn't happen

Plugplayer (V2.5.0) worked initially but now seems unhappy. It found Renaissance first time, though it took quite a while before I could get it to select Renaissance as the renderer. Thereafter it played fine for the first time I used it. However, now it won't work at all. If uPlayer is already running when I try to open Plugplayer, Plugplayer fails on start-up. If I have Plugplayer running and then start uPlayer, Plugplayer will freeze once I try to select Renaissance as the renderer. If I close down uPlayer I can then start Plugplayer.

Songbook (V2.2.1.0) doesn't recognise Renaissance as a renderer at all. This is with Songbook set to find both Linn Devices and UPNP AV devices.
    - Can't adjust the name of the renderer from Main (or rather, I can't see how I could do that), so if I try to run two instances on two separate machines it's hard to distinguish them in Kinsky

Other system details: Media Server is Twonky 5.0.68 running on a ReadyNAS Duo. Laptop is running XP SP3. iTouch is running OS V3. My other renderer is a Linn Akurate DS running Cara 2.

Hope this is useful.

R

Hello,
    I just got dBpoweramp Renaissance and
    I'm having trouble with the -zone parameter.

Here's the parameters I'm using now, it plays but only plays to the default sound device.
    Code:
    uplayer -zone="-text-" -play="c:\somefile.wav"
    Note where I put, -zone="-text-" -text- is just a place holder for multiple variations I tried and couldn't get to work.

What would be the proper parameter to get it to play through Line 1?

Some details regarding the command-line is here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-...ng-uplayer.htm
    I'm not sure what you would specifically need to choose, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    Some details regarding the command-line is here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-...ng-uplayer.htm
    I'm not sure what you would specifically need to choose, though.
    Thanks but I already read through all that, It's still not clear to me. :blush: