title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Will be using SQL Lite and supporting multi-genres. It is difficult to say at this stage if the random mode could be overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Will be using SQL Lite and supporting multi-genres. It is difficult to say at this stage if the random mode could be overwritten.
    Do you think SQL Lite will be able to handle large music collections ok? Say over 30K tracks.

I know other apps have used SQL Lite and had issues with large collections. Course the DB is just part of what could have caused them issues. I personally have not used SQL Lite so not sure where it becomes a problem.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,

SQLite can apparently handle database sizes up to 2TB, but even considering the issues people have had with 2GB ones in the past, you aren't going to be storing songs in it and therefore it should never be an issue.

Daz

TrinitySoftware

Hi Spoon,

Could a "GetCurrentPosition" (or similar function) be added to the COM interface? This will help when writing GUI's for the player....

Best regards,
    Daren.

TrinitySoftware

Please disregard the previous message. I've just realised it's already in there.

Best regards,
    Daren.

TrinitySoftware

Hi Spoon,

Is there a way of giving the players a unique ID and then refering to it when giving other commands?

The idea behind this is that I want to start a number of players and be able to control them independently (e.g. mute/unmute, skipto, etc..).

Best regards,
    Daren.

Administrator

You already can by setting the 'collection' variable, then players are independant.

Quote Originally Posted by carl_johnston View Post
    This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm planning on using uPlayer to run our PABX's Hold music from a Windows Service.. Only one thing's missing here; Repeating.

Can I suggest that you add a Repeat / Loop function to this player?

Thanks for your hard work, I'm sure you'll get quite a following on this.

Carl
    Hi there!

Same here, we plan using it for PABX hold music. Again, loop function would really be appreciated, as well as instructions about how to use it as a Windows Service on a w2k3 server. Tried with instsrv, but couldn't start it...

Thanks for the great work

P@

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions
    Let me start with thanks for the help so far Spoon and keep the great programs coming. With your help, I have found my main problem which turned out to be a path problem to the music files.

Now that has created another problem. To find out if it was my PC, partly me, or all me as the problem, I renamed 3 files to Song1, Song2, Song3.FLAC and stuck them in the root directory of my Music Drive. They all play fine. So it was partly me due to bad path to music files/exact file name.

So now the problem is, what is the easiest way to find/figure out what the exact actual file name is when using Windows XP sp3?

I have ripped my popular CD collection to E:\Music\"artist name"\"album"\"song.flac". I think the issue is in what comes after the backslash after "album". It appears that the actual file name is more then just the name of the song with a FLAC extension. In Windows XP, where or how do I lookup what the exact filename of a song is? Windows Explorer is not giving me the old detail of the exact file name that DOS used to show me. Opening up a Dow Window and using DIR is only removing the icons.

Administrator

how are you specifying your audio files?

you should put quotes at the start and end, ie:

"E:\Music\some artist\some album\some song.flac"

This is very good. I'm building a web server-based system, and a lightweight, headless player with multi-zone capability is exactly what I need. Two questions:

- Maybe I'm dense, but what defines a "zone"? If I have multiple sound cards, which is zone 1, etc?
    - Is there a way to take files out of the queue?

Thanks!

Per the Renaissance thread, you specify which device is which zone.

Currently, I don't believe there is a way to modify the queue with that fine of a control.

Ok, I've fussed with this quite a bit, and obviously I'm still missing something. I can easily get the player to play back through the default sound device - internal sound card, USB sound card, etc - but I can't seem to get playback through any playback device not the current default. I suspect this is because I'm completely ignorant of how one specifies this second playback device. For instance, if I've got a listing of "playback devices" under Vista that lists:

Speakers / Headphones
    HDMI
    Speakers

with the first two being internal playback devices, and the third an external USB device, and the USB device being the default, how would I name the Speakers / Headphones device in the zone=" ... " as the playback zone?

Sorry, I'm better at the details of C++ or Java than simple things sometimes

Administrator

Off the top of my head you sepecify a number for the sound card, ie 1, 2, 3 (or even 0 based).

Thanks, I've got it playing multiple zones now - I just didn't try the right zone numbers, or something. Is there no other way to understand the mapping of zone numbers to sound cards/physical outputs other than trial and error? I can't find any deterministic correlation in investigating the various properties of playback devices ...

I'm very happy to see you tackling the audio rendering problem from a ground up perspective - there are far too many "me too" desktop-style player/managers, but basically nothing in the way of modern network-centric playback architectures.