title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Hi Spoon,
    I have just updated from Beta 8 to Beta 9. There seems to be a new issue introduced on 2 separate machines. When I skip to the middle of a song, the playback jumps to the start of the next song in the queue. It happens with Asset control or BubblePNP as the control points, so I don't think it is controller linked. This is on Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit machines. The only change is to update Renaissance - no other applications were changed.
    Volume control seems OK.
    Also, when playback is stopped half way through and a queue is cleared with Asset control, it still appears to leave the current playing song data in the queue directory, so song playback starts up on a machine reboot. I'm not sure if this the responsibility of the controller or renderer. I assume this is the renderer as it seems to happen with multiple controllers.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm having trouble with installing uPlayer as a service - it doesn't create a service when I choose the option in the config utility. After some digging, it seems to create a service with a ServiceName, but no DisplayName, so it doesn't appear in the Services manager. The service still doesn't work though. When I run uPlayer-Service.exe manually, it exits after a short pause with a 1063 error in the log. Any ideas?

Administrator

Which Windows version do you have?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which Windows version do you have?
    Windows Home Server (original, aka Server 2003) and also Windows 8.1.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've also tried it on Windows 7 now (Professional, SP1, 64-bit), and the same thing.
    Here's a more detailed explanation of the symptoms:

• No service is created in the Services manager, but one is listed in the registry (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\uPlayer), but it just has one value ('Start' = 2).
    • When the Renaissance configuration utility is re-launched after previously selecting 'Service', the 'Disabled (manual start)' option is highlighted.
    • Running uPlayer-Service.exe manually doesn't work, the program appears in task manager for a few seconds but then quits. In the log file (uPlayer-Service.log) is the following:
      10/21/2013, 09:05:56
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer-Service.exe
      10/21/2013, 09:05:59
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer-Service.ini
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer-Service.log
      uPlayer
      StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed, error code = 1063

Any other info that would help?
    Needless to say, launching uPlayer.exe manually works just fine.

Administrator

Will take a look.

Do you think you will add openhome songcast functionality? That would make this player a killer! Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by latka View Post
    Do you think you will add openhome songcast functionality? That would make this player a killer! Thanks.
    I agree, would be awesome!

P.S. Running as a service works with latest update, thanks!

Administrator

Asset can already do the same but using UPnP standards.

It is likely we will make renaissance able to appear as an Airplay device to mac OSX.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset can already do the same but using UPnP standards.

It is likely we will make renaissance able to appear as an Airplay device to mac OSX.
    Really? Cool. How do I do it? What is the UPnP standard equivalent?

Did a little bit of searching, is it as mentioned in this thread?: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...hlight=capture

Means Asset UPnP server has to be installed on every client computer to do this, right?
    Sounds it doesn't support the timestamping/synchronizing feature of OpenHome Sender/Receiver, it's just streaming like a regular DLNA file?

AirPlay would be cool too though.

Administrator

Yes it streams capture just like a normal file, there is not sync between multiple clients.

Hi,

I installed the latest version. I am using the COM interface to play and stop files and CDs.
    The problem is that the COM interface always starts a player with a command window. I tried to start first a player with --hidewindow but the COM instance starts a new player. I installed uplayer as a service but COM starts again a new player with command window. How can I tell the COM interface to start uplayer without a command window or to use an alredy startet uplayer (e.g. startet with --hidewindow prior to using COM)?

Regards
    Ulli

Administrator

If you start it with the collection name "Main" then it should use the same one for COM and non com.

It seems that Renaissance truncates track URLs that are longer than about 240 characters. This causes problems when using Renaissance with MinimServer. Is it possible to increase or remove this limit?

Administrator

It is not possible sorry, the design is based around fixed playlist sizes.