title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Administrator

dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

I downloaded the beta. I find that I can call up the uPlayer CLI window but that I cannot make any entry in that window, I just have a blinking cursor below the line that reads "Audio Collection: <global> Audio Output Device: waveout:-1:<default>"

Since I am very unused to using CLI interface, I am willing to consider that I may be doing something wrong, however I cannot enter a letter, number or symbol or to move the cursor. Can you advise how to proceed?

Bill

Administrator

Once you see:

Audio Collection: <global> Audio Output Device: waveout:-1:<default>"

That is the audio player running, but it cannot accept any commands within that window, instead open a 2nd command line window and start sending commands to it such as:

xxxxpath\uplayer.exe -queue="c:\a.mp3"

Thanks.

I also tried it, it works, but as you said, there isn't much to play with

still very glad to see new developments in the player area. very very glad.

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm planning on using uPlayer to run our PABX's Hold music from a Windows Service.. Only one thing's missing here; Repeating.

Can I suggest that you add a Repeat / Loop function to this player?

Thanks for your hard work, I'm sure you'll get quite a following on this.

Carl

Administrator

Close the player, enque a file, then set the %appdata%\dbpoweramp\uplayer\(global)-queue.bin to read only.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your help here; I've done as you've suggested, however the queue won't play while the (global)-queue.bin file is read-only. It will only play when I remove the read-only attribute, and then it empties the queue (as you'd expect).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Carl

Administrator

Use a schedulled task which runs every 2 minutes to copy a file:

copy (global)-queue-fixed.bin (global)-queue.bin

May seem silly, but how do I create a collection to point the uPlayer to?

Edit: Ahh, so the collection is just the last 500 played tracks? Is there a way to enqueue multiple files at once in one CLI call?

Administrator

Only through the scripting object, ie use .vbs (you call it multiple times, and it is efficient at adding files).

when I catch a bit of time, I hope to write a simple frontend to the player.
    but probably not in the next couple of days...
    I like the addition of the COM object.

A front end would certainly be appreciated, please. I quite like command-line players - I sometimes run MPlayer that way - but Renaissance seems unusually austere at present. Also, I must say that having to open one window to run the player and another window to send it commands is a little offputting.

I've looked a bit into the matter, and the first experiments have gone well, I have been able to communicate well with the COM object. Now I just need a bit more time.
    Need to design the gui, enable the reading of the enque file and the prev played file. Maybe I'll leave the file reading for a further version.
    No promises on when will it be done.

Smile Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

New development here is truly excellent news. I had just given up on the *OLD* dB player recently in favor of MediaMonkey.

Some suggestions for you:

You are implementing SQL from what I can see. Will you provide support for multiple entries in each field (e.g. multiple genres)? Presumably this will be able to be read the tag from the audio file in the standard way? Will it be possible to create scripts with SQL search ability?

Will it be possible to overload the function which generates new tracks for random play? This is important to me because I want to be able to implement custom selection of new randomly generated tracks, and for my classical stuff (and I want to have all the same tracks from a complete work played together by the random player. MediaMonkey "supports" this:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...d=a&hilit=tied

I like the way that dBPowerAmp handles queued files better than players which have a "playlist". MediaMonkey has this problem in some ways. In DAP I used to have random play unless I wanted to intervene and queue up an album or several tracks. Honestly, the perfect player would just have a function out of the box like dBPowerAmp player (but actually random would be nice), but give the ability to overload with a script. If you're feeling really ambitious, you could allow the script to create GUI objects to configure it, but that's more than I really need.

I think you've already said that ReplayGain is supported.

I guess that's my list of needs/desires.

Spoon, you're the best. You've been in my toolkit for many years now, and I hope that you can make the player that I want to buy from you. I don't want free, I want good. But the best out there is crap, so you've got an opening. All I really need is dBPowerAmp (old) player + good random play scripting + ReplayGain. That would be perfection. Help me out here!

Scott