title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance UPnP broken?

I also cannot get WASAPI to work. Renaissance 0.8, Win 7 64 bit laptop over wifi, no other sound drivers (I uninstalled songcast and rebooted to check).

works pretty well:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe"

no sound:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" --zone="WASAPI:-1:dBpoweramp Renaissance"

In both cases, Kinsky is really slow to receive events, e.g. the elapsed time updates about every 5 secs. The playlist source doesn't have the time/seek control available, nor the volume control. These are active for the upnp source.

In Sound/Properties/Advanced, I have no 44.1/16 option. I only see 48/16, 96/16, 192/16, 48/24, 96/24, 192/24 (this is under Default Format - 'when running in shared mode').

Administrator

Kinsky is running on the same as your PC?, if not try Kinsky Desktop as a test.

Yes, running both Kinsky Desktop and Renaissance on the laptop.

Administrator

Volume control will not work with Kinsky as it expects a pre-amp extension which is not present (uplayers volume is controlled by normal upnp methods).

The elapsed time, it is slow right from starting uplayer?

Possibly security software is slowing the notifications down? if you have such try disabling it.

I disabled Microsoft Security Essentials and saw much better performance, but reenabled it and restarted KDT and uplayer and still got the same good performance.

Odd - seemed like it was temperamental wifi but don't see why that would be a factor. I'll try out on my desktop.

This was all without using WASAPI. I installed the Lenovo Vista 64 Conexant driver and saw no diff in WASAPI vs non-WASAPI behaviour vs the standard Win7 64 driver.

Hi Spoon,

I have been running this for a few weeks on an XP media center and a Win7 64 bit.
    The XP setup has worked really well, but the Win7 setup was a bit temperamental, needing to have the AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uPlayer directory cleared out and the process repeatedly killed.
    The play queue was getting stalled on certain files and would continually loop - playing 4 seconds of a track and then resetting to the start on an infinite loop.
    I've finally twigged as to what was going on - the Win7 was setup to use WASAPI. It appears to be waiting for a timeout and then re-queuing the track. The queue is unresponsive & so the system cannot be recovered without resorting the the above methods.
    I couldn't find any status indication or log files, but the behaviour was independent of control point.
    Reverting to the waveout setting clears this up & it is now reliable and controllable and I no longer need to kill the process. The queue responds to the controller and I can add tracks, remove tracks, jump around and restart with no problems at all.

I am using Asset for the server, asset control and BubbleUPNP for the controllers.
    The renderer is started with the command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" --zone="waveout:-1:NameOfPC Renaissance" --hidewindow

This I have set as a shortcut in the startup folder to leave running in the background, so I don't need to access the PC to control the music.

One feature that would be nice is to add the pause, mute to the command line options or enable the queue to be flushed on program start up. I have found that if a track is paused or stopped and the PC rebooted, then the next track (only) is played when the computer is running. I have to then rush to a controller to stop it. This is fine unless the volume is set to anti-social.

Many Thanks for a great program. The Asset server and this renderer are absolutely perfect for me.

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Once you see:

Audio Collection: <global> Audio Output Device: waveout:-1:<default>"

That is the audio player running, but it cannot accept any commands within that window, instead open a 2nd command line window and start sending commands to it such as:

xxxxpath\uplayer.exe -queue="c:\a.mp3"

Dear Spoon.

I bought Asset UPnP and dBpoweramp some time ago and am enjoying these products every day. My only quibble is as mentioned above - my dBpoweramp Renaissance uPlayer is set to waveout:-1: dBpoweramp Reference.

What is the proper command to send to the player to alter the output to WASAPI?

Regards
    Maxtor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    I also cannot get WASAPI to work. Renaissance 0.8, Win 7 64 bit laptop over wifi, no other sound drivers (I uninstalled songcast and rebooted to check).

works pretty well:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe"

no sound:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\uPlayer.exe" --zone="WASAPI:-1:dBpoweramp Renaissance"
    I'm seeing a similar issue. I did have Renaissance running under a service, but this suddenly stopped working, the service wouldn't start and gave a timeout. Not, just running it manually, I can run waveout fine, works for hours, but WASAPI won't work; as soon as I start a track, AssetControl 'starts' I get 4 seconds of silence, then it starts again.

CP: Asset Control
    Renderer: Renaissance 0.8
    Server: Asset UPnP
    All on Windows 8. Server/Renderer are my desktop, CP is on a Netbook.

Administrator

It is likely something has the sound card open.

dBpoweramp Renaissance won't play first track

I just recently upgraded to renaissance 0.80 and now can't seem to play the first track in a playlist. I have Renaissance for my renderer, Foobar for my server and BubbleDS for my control. When I enqueue a CD and then tap the first track to start play nothing happens. If I tap the second track then play begins there and continues through to the end track. After the CD has played I can then tap the first track and it will play. What I have been doing to get around this is to enqueue the first track twice along with the rest of the album. Would it be possible to get the previous version of Renaissance? My set-up has been working flawlessly for a long time until the recent upgrade.

Thanks,
    John

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Renaissance won't play first track

Using Wave out?

Using WASPI

Administrator

Try wave out as a test.

Yes, waveout exhibits the same behavior.

John