title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bug? => Can't convert Vorbis tags to MP3 tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InfiNeat
    • Aug 2008

Bug? => Can't convert Vorbis tags to MP3 tags

I just upgraded to the reference version R13 and there is still this bug that annoys me once in a while.

I made some high quality Ogg Vorbis files of all my CDs. Sometimes I want to convert them to lower bitrate and MP3 format so that I can play them on the CD player in my car (it can play MP3 files but not Ogg).

Several of the original files contain Unicode characters (traditionnal Chinese). When I run the batch conversion everything seems to go well. However, the Unicode characters are not transferred in the MP3 tags. I end-up with question marks instead which happens when a system cannot read Unicode. However you say that dBpowerAmp fully supports Unicode...

I found a way around this by using batch tag editor to put the full tag in the filenames before conversion and then re-creating the tags from the filename after. But it would be nice not to have to do this every time.

That would be great if you could look into this problem. Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Bug? => Can't convert Vorbis tags to MP3 tags

In dBpoweramp Configuration, Codecs and Codec Options and switch on the Unicode option for ID3v2 tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• InfiNeat
      • Aug 2008

Re: Bug? => Can't convert Vorbis tags to MP3 tags

Ah! Thanks. So not a bug, just a burried setting...

Comment

Working...

]]>