title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Only use a single metadata source with Batch Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dingfod
    • Jan 2008

Only use a single metadata source with Batch Ripper?

I want Batch Ripper to query freedb and only freedb. In db Ripper if I highlight only freedb as shown, is this my desired result?

One other question: If there is more than one album returned for a given CD TOC, what does Batch Ripper do and if it makes the wrong choice is there a way for me to stop ripping and choose the right discID?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Only use a single metadata source with Batch Ripper?

Batch Ripper handles its own meta data, it does not use CD Rippers. Click the meta button in batch ripper.

Re your question, no, it is automated so it used the first it can.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dingfod
      • Jan 2008

Ah, didn't realize Batch Ripper had its own metadata selections - thanks for that.

Regarding multiple metatdata matches: How does one catch the situation where an inserted CD gets ripped as some wrong album because a different discID was matched?

An an example, I ripped a Van Halen album yesterday with Batch Ripper that ripped, without issue, as an Alanis Morissette disc. Unless I happened to be watching, how would I otherwise have caught that?

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dingfod
        Ah, didn't realize Batch Ripper had its own metadata selections - thanks for that.

Regarding multiple metatdata matches: How does one catch the situation where an inserted CD gets ripped as some wrong album because a different discID was matched?

An an example, I ripped a Van Halen album yesterday with Batch Ripper that ripped, without issue, as an Alanis Morissette disc. Unless I happened to be watching, how would I otherwise have caught that?
        Right, that's a problem.

What I'd like to see done is that the batch ripper cache/store all of the data returned by the *free* lookup services (freedb/tracktype, etc. perhaps musicbrainz) into a file/database that points to director{y,ies} of the output files that can then be used to correct metadata after the fact in a 'one-click' fashion. Storing only the free metadata gets around contractual issues with the premium metadata, at least until some further contract negotiations would resolve that in the future (if possible).

A post-rip cleanup app might be necessary.

-brendan

Comment

• dingfod
          • Jan 2008

As a simple interim solution could a checkbox to "Reject disc if multiple discid's are returned from the same data provider" be added?

I like your idea as an end goal, though.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

That would reject pretty much every disc, as freedb has very high collisions.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dingfod
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
              That would reject pretty much every disc, as freedb has very high collisions.
              I figured something like that would happen. Here's to hoping you can implement something like Brendan's suggestion!

Comment

Working...

]]>