title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper Error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevek1006
    • May 2008

Batch Ripper Error

I regularly receive an error when batch ripping using an Acronova DupliQ with a Plextor 820a even though all the tracks are reported as Accurate and/or Secure. The error is:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Kramer\My Documents\My Music\John Coltrane\John Coltrane - Like Sonny - 04 - Like Sonny.IGNORE'
    Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]

The tracks are all ripped properly. I assume this is a temporary file that ripper creates since this not the directory where my music is saved. It does seem to be a problem, except that the discs end up in the reject pile. Any ideas?

-Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Ripper Error

For that file that is mentioned, do both the final files have id tags? (accuraterip id tags), you could switch off the option in CD ripper to write AccurateRip tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stevek1006
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      For that file that is mentioned, do both the final files have id tags? (accuraterip id tags), you could switch off the option in CD ripper to write AccurateRip tags.
      Ah, I see. No, only the first file (flac) had AccurateRip tags. The mp3 did not, but they were written for all other tracks on the CD. I checked a few more discs that were rejected for this reason, and either one or both of the files is missing the AccurateRip tags. I guess I would prefer to write the tags so I can easily find the tracks that were ripped inaccurately. I could always use the batch results, but that is a bit of a pain. Do you have any idea why this would be happening? It is now hitting about 1/4 of my discs. I am writing the files to a NAS, could that be an issue?

-Steve

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have a virus checker? it might have the file open.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stevek1006
          • May 2008

Have a virus checker? it might have the file open.
          No, the virus checker is turned off on that machine.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

A program had the file open and I don't think it was dbpoweramp.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stevek1006
              • May 2008

A program had the file open and I don't think it was dbpoweramp.
              Spoon,

Thanks. I'm not sure yet, but I suspect it must be either Squeezecenter or MusicIP. I will start ripping to a temporary directory and then move the files after they are ripped. We'll see if that solves the problem.

-Steve

Comment

• stevek1006
                • May 2008

Originally posted by stevek1006
                Spoon,

Thanks. I'm not sure yet, but I suspect it must be either Squeezecenter or MusicIP. I will start ripping to a temporary directory and then move the files after they are ripped. We'll see if that solves the problem.

-Steve
                Spoon, FYI I am pretty sure it was Squeezecenter that was holding the files open, though it is possible that MusicIP was too. In any case, I now rip to a temporary directory and copy the files over when they are all ripped and there are no more error messages of the type descrobed.

Thanks,
                -Steve

Comment

• Porcus
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2007

Try the Unlocker utility, http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ . It will give you information on what's using which file, even if you do not wish to unlock it.

Comment

Working...

]]>