title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I add an additional genre?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hyde
    • Jun 2008

How do I add an additional genre?

Either when ripping the original CD, or as an after rip process by editing the genre tag in Windows Vista Explorer view?

I've ripped our CD collection with the standard genre given to dbpoweramp by PerfectMeta.

Now I want to rip my daughters collection of CD's (only 20 or so CD's in her library thus far) and hers naturally have the same genre classification, but I wouldn't dream of wanting to listen to some of them ;-)

This is so that we can play suffled music from selecting a genre in SqueezeCentre, but optionaly only select / deselect from mutiple genres.

So my daughter might have a CD that we rip as 'Rock' and I want to add say my daughters name as an additional genre.

Then I can select in SqueezeCentre (with the aid of some plugins) play all 'Rock' but not 'Rock / Daughter'. In turn my Daughter can elect to play only from 'Rock / Daughter' and exclude all of the old foggie Rock that we like ;-)

Is this doable?

Cheers
    Hyde.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I add an additional genre?

Depends on the Audio format and the program playing the format, dBpoweramp can write multiple genres use:

Genre1; Genre2

That is the correct method, then it would be upto Squeezecenter to pickup the 2 genres.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hyde
      • Jun 2008

Cheers. I didn't know what the seperator should be. I'll try that and see what SqueezeCentre makes of it.

Thanks
      Hyde.

Comment

• Hyde
        • Jun 2008

Cool, that worked thank-you.

Each genre appears on its own line when viewed in the pop-up properties of Vista, and SqueezeCentre picks up the additional genre after a rescan of the music library.

I ought to say for completeness that all my music is in flac format.

Cheers
        Hyde.

Comment

• monkley
          • Jul 2009

Hi, using ; as a genre separator doesn't seem to work for me, I just get a single genre called "Funk; Soul" for example.

Has the separator been changed?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What audio format are you using?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>