title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubird
    • Jul 2008

Batch Converter suggestions

Just started using DB Power AMP.

The only feature I use so far are the extended tooltips and the Batch Converter.

I have a few suggestions:

1) Update the batch converter UI to support Drag & Drop.

2) A more user friendly tree view would not hurt either. At the moment if I wnat to find something on my desktop I have to navigate through c:\user\Blah\Blah... until I reach the desktop. Windows and most apps have the desktop in a easy to get to location like at the top of the tree

3) Delete source files after successful encode should be moved out of DSP effects. I should not have to install this option separately. This is a STANDARD feature on even the most simple free converters eg: "Efficient WMA MP3 Converter"
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Batch Converter suggestions

3) It used to be a standard option, but people would check it without realizing what it was, hence it moved to a DSP effect and requiring more manual effort to choose it.

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      3) It used to be a standard option, but people would check it without realizing what it was, hence it moved to a DSP effect and requiring more manual effort to choose it.
      Suggestion: I think it might be better to consider naming the "DSPs" area to "File Post Processing" or something more creative and obvious. It needs to encompass both changing the audio (DSPs) before conversion, changing the audio after conversion (replay gain), tagging/naming options and filesystem-related functions.

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Indeed we had so much grief over the years by being accused of deleting peoples collections (because they checked the option to delete the source file), have not heard that once since R12 was released.

DSPs are labeled as DSP Effects / Actions in music converter, in CD Ripper there is not room to all the actions label.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nab128
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2006

I support Hubird 1) and 2) requests.

I also would like to make some suggestions for the excellent batch coverter, seeing as they haven't been added in R13.

1. Option to auto create new renamed files when converting into Original directory without manual renaming.
          e.g. convert mysong.mp3 to mysong(2).mp3

2. Make dynamic naming easier - elements should be inserted at the cursor e.g.

First click [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]
          Display [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER]string[]
          (with "string" as selected text)

Second click [originalpath]
          Display [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][originalpath][]
          (with cursor now between [originalpath] and [])
          etc.

3. List/Rename
          Option to only show first 50? files (e.g. by shift-click). If converting many (>10k) files you have to wait a long time to generate this list every time you want to check if your dynamic naming is ok. Very annoying.

4. Allow selection of multiple folders for conversion by right click in explorer. At the moment it opens an instance of batch converter for each folder.

Comment

• nab128
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2006

Oops I spoke too soon! I withdraw suggestions 1, 3 and 4. I keep request number 2 and add number 5 -

5. Keep history of previously used Dynamic Naming in a drop down list just like there is for Folders.

2. Make dynamic naming easier - elements should be inserted at the cursor.

I will answer my own suggestions 1,3 and 4...

1. Option to auto create new renamed files when converting into Original directory without manual renaming.
            e.g. convert mysong.mp3 to mysong(2).mp3
            In the List/Rename window you can right click and choose Give All Unique Filenames (Append Time & Date)

3. List/Rename
            Option to only show first 50? files (e.g. by shift-click). If converting many (>10k) files you have to wait a long time to generate this list every time you want to check if your dynamic naming is ok. Very annoying.
            Actually R13 is much quicker, around 10 seconds per 10,000 files !!

4. Allow selection of multiple folders for conversion by right click in explorer. At the moment it opens an instance of batch converter for each folder.
            Drag and drop of multiple folders to the Music Converter window is now possible in R13

Comment

• PlanetMongo
              • Oct 2007

Check boxes for encoding options.

For example, in my workflow, I encode for 5 different bitrates/formats: 4 wma formats, 1 mp3. sometimes, due to odd corruption from transfer, or to fix someone else's bad encodes, I only need one or two of those bitrates. It'd be awesome if the multi-encoder had a way to where, say, all encoders are on by default, but I could uncheck the ones I don't need rather than lose the settings and manually set-up other encodes.

Comment

Working...

]]>