title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: converting ra files

Angry converting ra files

i am going nuts i posted a few weeks ago about converting ra files. the ideas that were offered up got me no where. so i give it a break but now im back and determind to sort this problem out. i have been downloading bbbc radio one shows by going on to there iplayer and from the veiw source option finding the url and downloading the ra file of the show with net transporter then i had been converting into different formats with the dbpoweramp convertor then for no reason it stopped working everything works as normal until the conversion part it lasts for between 1 to 2 seconds then the box reads conversion complete but when i then try and listen to the file it has just a couple of seconds of dead air the file size is around 2kb what the hell is going on please someone help im going crazy and losing hours of my life trying to solve this problem

Administrator

Re: converting ra files

The dbpoweramp rm decoder is the same one (DirectX) was used by Windows Media Player, so see if that is able to play the files.

the orginal downloaded file works perfectly on media player but the converted file just gives me the couple of seconds of dead air on media player

What format are you converting it to? Have you tried converting to wav?

i have been trying to convert to mp3 but tried other formats with the same out come. just downloaded the wma codec tried that and got the same out come

spending hours on this problem and still getting nowhere every file convertion type i try converts in less than a couple of seconds and leaves me with just a tiny file of dead air i most be doing something stupidly wrong its worked before why has it stopped working is there nowone out there that can help

What size are your .ra files? You said they DO play on Windows Media Player, right?

my ra files are around 58,000kb and yes it works fine in media player. sorry this is a pm reply but i dont expect a reply straight away i know this is going to be a drawn out process
    thanks

Which version of Real Alternative do you have?

ive got version 6.4.9.1 of real alternative

Are you sure as the latest version is 1.80?

Edit - that must be the Media Player Classic version you have installed.

Real Alternative version will show in Add/Remove Programs. Also, again, just to make sure, you are able to play the files in Windows Media Player and NOT just in the Media Player classic, right?

yes you're right the version i've got is 1.8.0 as you can see i'm no computer genius. yes it does play on windows media player

Administrator

When directX (directshow) is not working it can be difficult to find out why, there is a program called graphedit which allows the graph to be built up manually, only then can you perhaps tell why something is not working, but it is quite technical.