title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to make many Id-Tags in bulk

How to make many Id-Tags in bulk

Hi

I have about 200 Mp3 in a folder but only some of them are well ID-Tagged. I want to make for all of them, a new ID_Tag with DMC.

So, I want to know how to preceed, step by step, for create «in bulk» in one operation, for each Mp3, a new ID-Tag. You have understood that I do not want to create an ID-Tag manually for each Mp3.

Regards

Re: How to make many Id-Tags in bulk

You want to add an ID tag to all of your files? Use the [ID Tag Update] utility codec, go to the Addition tab, and put in what you want to add.

dBpoweramp Guru

Could be wrong, but my interpretation of the question is that the OP wants to perhaps CREATE idtags for existing files. Do you, for example, want to create ID3 tags for mp3 files based on file name information? That is, you already have the files named with artist, album, song, track *, and now you want to assign this info to tags? If this is the case, you need to use the "tag from file name" option. I think this is possible with dbpoweramp (someone else will know). I know I've used mp3tag to perform this function in bulk processing. Perhaps provide more detail on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by garym; 07-19-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Thank you for the reply

How I can get Utility Codec (addition Tab????) ? By «right clicking» or by using «Convert To» on all concerned Mp3 ?
    Please take note that I also want to attribute each existing title to each ID-Tad. The application could be able to read the title for each Mp3 and re-write it on its Id-Tag...

Regards

You can use the Batch Converter to pick all of your files at once, and you use a utility codec like any normal codec, only there is no re-encode needed with utility codecs.

I have tried Batch Converter but I cannot find how to configure this utility for catching automatically the titles, track numbers and others for each file... Shortly, I want to make a new ID-Tag for about one hundred files. The converter must read itself the informations for each file and write them in the ID-Tag, in one batch operation...

I am seeking for a tutorial step by step if exists....

Regards

Ahh, then you want to use the Batch converter to select the files you want and use the "Tag from Filename" utility codec, located in the beta section of this forum. Just pick the files you need to tag, tell it to convert, and pick "Tag from Filename" as the codec.

Well ! I have downloaded the beta Tag from filename codec utility and have use it on 10 MP3 samples. The tags has been edited correctly according to the filenames except for the track numbers. Two digits are missing.... How to configurate this codec utility for keeping the 3 digits ????

Regards ans great thanks for your assistance....

Administrator

Track numbers are just that numbers, they do not have a depth of zeros.