title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Bitrate limit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hometeam
    • Feb 2007

AAC Bitrate limit

Hey I've been using dbpoweramp for years.
    I really love your work on dbpoweramp.
    For the first time, I got something to ask that I couldn't figure out even on phonecalls I made to sony customer support center.
    They told me that the supportable bitrate for aac file format is up to 320kbps, maximum. (I got a sony portable player called NWZ-A828, by the way)
    As far as I know, ipod does the same.
    Then I notice files encoded with nero encoder goes over 400kbps with the preset q1.
    Is there a specific bitrate limit for each quality setting?
    Somebody said that the bitrate won't go over 320 kbps as long as using lower presets than q7.
    So my questions are...
    1. Is there a specific bit rate limit for each quality setting(vbr)? If there's not, is there a command line for it? If there is such a command line, could you put that option in the aac codec encoder?
    2. Would aac files encoded with such a high quality setting that create over 320kbps play back on the device like ipod or sony walkman?

I am so desperate to figure this out!
    Help me out!!

P.S Don't tell me to go with cbr~><
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AAC Bitrate limit

As a test encode a > 400 kbps cbr aac file and try to play it, I am thinking your player will play it no problems.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>