title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP: Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence FLAG

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

DSP: Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence FLAG

FANTASTIC! I just noticed
    Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal

Been asking for it, never noticed it was available or implemented and no one pointed it out. Thank you Spoon!

Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Does it splice the song into three parts?

Can we have an option to notify the user that a possible hidden track has been detected when ripping? Then we can listen to the song, if its really a hidden track apply the Splice Silence Out DSP

Again, thank you!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSP: Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence FLAG

No just removes the silence, there would be no track tags for the other track otherwise.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I would request that as an option the DSP is can take

Track 8: SongTitle

to

Track 8: SongTitle
      Track 9: (silence)
      Track 10: [Album Title] Hidden Track

splicing these 3 back together should be a lossless process, so that if NEW tracks 8+9+10 are spliced back together it should be bit identical to Track 8 original

Comment

• trainee
        • Apr 2008

Sorry I didnt see this thread, and I started another similar one: here

You and I are of the same thinking... I actually wrote a commandline tool a long time ago that would take a rip-as-one wav and a cuesheet and detect silence + hidden songs, split out the separate wav's and create an archive wav file that contained all of the silence smashed together... Problem was tagging, and creating a file format that said how to put it all back together.

If we run an external tool following ripping that splits the files would dbpoweramp know to tag the separate tracks?

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

a few tweaks to the current dsp and I imagine spoon could make it do exactly as requested, but only if he thinks others are interested

Comment

• trainee
            • Apr 2008

For lack of a better solution, I've been making rip-as-one full flac backups. I'm sure its a huge waste of space for a small security since I already have flac single tracks. Maybe I'm just too paraniod (I backup to a geographically disparate location), but I think there is something to be said for having an album archived the way it was mastered.

As for splitting the hidden track I just manhandle the entire process for those cd's I encounter it on: rip to wav, hack it up, use the converter. Is this about what you do?

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

No, I currently leave the track as is, and probably always will for my flac archives. However, it would be nice when converting the song to a lossy codec to be able to separate out the hidden song.

Comment

Working...

]]>