title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUE Sheet Support...

CUE Sheet Support...

I've been patiently awaiting CUE sheet support since CD Ripper first came out. Are we going to be seeing it sometime soon Spoon?

Re: CUE Sheet Support...

I believe the plan is to make it a DSP effect, though I do not know the timetable for it.

Hi! I'm also yearning to use CUE support to convert all my APE/Cue Flac/cue files to apple losless so i can use them with itunes.
    are there any news as to how far the development of a cue-DSP has proceeded? where would i have to look for updates and who would one has to ask to find out when we can expect such a feature?

thanks in advance!

I also would like to have the cue sheet support. It would be great!

This probably belongs in the wishlist section. I'm in favor of it too. Also if possible I recommend using the word cuesheet when discussing this topic, as it is infinitely more searchable.

Would it make sense to create CUE sheets in EAC for the time being, and rip in dbPoweramp? And if so, what's a favorable CUE sheet format for maximum compatibility (or convertability) on down the road?

I just did a test with EAC and db to make sure they ripped an album the same way, bit-for-bit, and all of the files did phase out to zero, so my guess is that CUE information from EAC would be applicable to db's rips. Any experience with this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mockupscaledown View Post
    Would it make sense to create CUE sheets in EAC for the time being, and rip in dbPoweramp? And if so, what's a favorable CUE sheet format for maximum compatibility (or convertability) on down the road?

I just did a test with EAC and db to make sure they ripped an album the same way, bit-for-bit, and all of the files did phase out to zero, so my guess is that CUE information from EAC would be applicable to db's rips. Any experience with this?

Thanks!
    This is what I do and it works fine.

Question Re: CUE Sheet Support...

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    This is what I do and it works fine.
    Hello Vulcan,

I am a beginner in ripping and converting audio CD's.

I just wanted to start converting my CD-collection to a digital audio archive on HDD.

I want to use dbpoweramp for ripping and tagging (PerfectMeta) my CD's because it is much easier to use as EAC. But dbpoweramp did not yet support cuesheets.

Could you or somebody else here please tell me how to generate a cuesheet in EAC and then move on to dbpoweramp for ripping the CD?

Do I have to rip the CD and generate a cuesheet in EAC, then deleting the ripped files, re-rip them with dbpoweramp+tagging and in addition put the cuesheet from EAC in my music archive?

How is the workflow doing this correctly?

I woukd appreciate any comments to this matter.

Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Could you or somebody else here please tell me how to generate a cuesheet in EAC and then move on to dbpoweramp for ripping the CD?
    I haven't done so, but isn't it possible to rip with dBpoweramp and then generate cue sheets using Cuetools or Foobar?

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    I believe the plan is to make it a DSP effect, though I do not know the timetable for it.
    I've searched the forums regarding cue sheet support, and I've seen posts over the years..... I consider track gaps part of my cd's meta data, and it's important to me. For example, putting gaps of silence between tracks of Pink Floyd's the Dark side of the moon is not cool.

Could you say anything about the possibility of dbpowermap supporting cue sheets, either as a DSP effect or other????

thanks

Administrator

Ripping to lossless would not add any gaps which were not on the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ripping to lossless would not add any gaps which were not on the CD.
    Sorry for the noob question - but I've been digging through all the gap and cuesheet threads, and I'm still a bit confused, I think. Have I got the following right?

1) For most CDs, the 1-2sec of silence between songs will be appended onto the end of each track FLAC file.

1a) But subsequent encoding with LAME will include header information that allows mp3 players to skip this gap, so that songs run right up against each other.

2) For gapless CDs (Dark Side of the Moon, etc.) the results of *1 above mean that the individual FLACs can later be glued together into one file and listened to with no gaps. (Or gaplessly via mp3, as in *1a.)

3) FLACs from dbpa can be burned back to CD with Nero, etc. with the "automatic 2sec gap" feature turned off to produce a CD that may not be identical to the original, but will *sound* identical (i.e. no extra or missing gaps).

I'm about to rip a 1,000 CD collection, and I'd rather not mess around with EAC and cuesheets, so I want to make sure I've got this right. I don't care about burning bit-for-bit replicas of my CD's - but I am going to ditch them when I'm done ripping. So I want the ability to listen to Dark Side of the Moon without gaps, but also to shuffle tracks & hear them slam into each other.

Administrator

1a- no, the lame header is to remove delay caused by the mp3 encoder only.

Any CD Ripper would rip a gapless CD as gapless.

EAC is looking looking increasingly tired, but its cue sheet support, particularly the "non-compliant" type where pregaps are appended, allows it to hang on as a favoured ripper for many people.

Spoon, addressing this issue would greatly help you to tip the balance in favour of your software in many people's eyes. Please take your plans for this off the back burner.

I second that. Please add cue sheet creation to your wonderful program so that I can buy it and get ripping my cds.