title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Specific ?s on Trial dbPA Music Converter v13 MP4 Codecs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ptmx2
    • Jul 2008

Specific ?s on Trial dbPA Music Converter v13 MP4 Codecs

Installation:

I downloaded and installed db MP4 codec. I then downloaded and attempted to install the Nero AAC_MP4. The NERO install instructions tells the user to open the zip file, open folder win32, copy and paste "neroAacEnc.exe" into Illustrate\dbPowerAmp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\. The Nero instructions then state: "After extracting, the following files should be present in the above folder."

Question. The term 'after extraction' at this point in the process is confusing to me. I can only assume the writer is referring to the previous step of "opening" the zip archive, copying the specifed.exe from the archive and pasting it into the existing dbPA MC destination location listed above. After completing these steps the Nero instructions state, "the following files should be present in the above folder:" encoder-Text Document-Nero-bitmap Image-neroAacEnc-Application. The files do NOT exist in my install.
    Also, there are 3 additional .exe's in the NERO win32 folder of the archive that are not installed into the destination location or anwhere else on the hard drive.

Please note that I did NOT install the dbPowerAmp in the default location. In addition, my install path did NOT include the first folder in the path, which was "ILLUSTRATE".

However, other than the proplem with the NERO codec the dbMC works fine. I HAVE successfully added two codecs to the dbMC in the non-default install location; an updated Fraunhofer MP3 codec and the dbPowerAmp M4a Release 7 codec. Both work properly from my non-default install location and are displayed properly in the dbMC.

I checked this forum and found an old related discussion on this issue: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...lation+install Two mentions were made about using non-default install locations. One addressed an additional dbPA folder was added to his non default install location. He indicates he simply deleted it. He also made mention of a 'plugin' but was not specfic about its use. A second poster indicated the need to "customize the installation location of the mp4 codec". This sounds like a tip, however I am unsure how to customize the NERO codec install location. Please remember that the dbMC mp4 Codec auto-installed as directed to the non-default location and works fine. The NERO code is the problem. It is "installed" by a simply copy and paste procedure...

I am certain that I did what was instructed, with the exception of using a non defaut installation location. B4 I remove everthing and start over, does anyone have any insight or remedy to this problem?

thank you
    a new user...
    Last edited by ptmx2; 07-05-2008, 05:57 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Specific ?s on Trial dbPA Music Converter v13 MP4 Codecs

I personally have dMC installed to a non-default location (E:\program files\dbpoweramp) and have gotten the nero codec working just fine. The only file you need from the zip is the NeroAacEnc.exe file. Make sure that you pointed the codec install to the base dbpoweramp folder (in my case, E:\program files\dbpoweramp) as it automatically goes into the encoder folder and inserts the needed file.

Comment

• ptmx2
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by LtData
      I personally have dMC installed to a non-default location (E:\program files\dbpoweramp) and have gotten the nero codec working just fine. The only file you need from the zip is the NeroAacEnc.exe file. Make sure that you pointed the codec install to the base dbpoweramp folder (in my case, E:\program files\dbpoweramp) as it automatically goes into the encoder folder and inserts the needed file.
      LtData,
      thank you. Please let me ask for some clarification regarding your reply to my post. I am not certain that i understand the following. You state, "Make sure that you pointed the codec install to the base dbpoweramp folder (in my case, E:\program files\dbpoweramp) as it automatically goes into the encoder folder and inserts the needed file."

Questions:

Which of the two codecs are you referring to?
      1) The first AAC codec provided by dbPowerAmp or,
      2) the Nero Codec?

I think you mean the first file from dbPowerAmp. If so, I can understand that I needed to point the files to be downloaded to the dbPowerAmp folder and not another location.
      Also when you say "it automatically goes into the encoder folder" are you saying if I pointed my dbPowerAmp download to the dbPowerAmp folder the downloaded files go to the correct location which is the encoder folder?

My dbPowerAmp install files appear to have ended up in the dbPowerAmp\encoder folder. In addition it created dbPowerAmp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\ which is where I pasted the Nero .exe file, neroAacEnc.exe.

However, I do not have the five other Files Nero says will appear in folder \m4a Nero (ACC) which are: encoder-Text Document-Nero-bitmap Image-neroAacEnc-Application.

If I am following you then are you saying the 5 files listed above are not needed?

Lastly, I use WXP_SP3. No where in XP can I find evidence of the AAC or M4a file types being registered in XP. They are not in File Types under Folder Options, or in the Audio Codec list in Control Panel\Sound and Audio\Hardware\audio codecs, or in Device Manager under Sound and Video.

As you can see I am not well versed in installing audio codecs and I'm just trying to get it right. Any further help will be appreciated.

thank you
      ptmx2
      Last edited by ptmx2; 07-07-2008, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

dMC doesn't associate itself with aac or m4a files, so don't worry about that. You would need some audio player software to play your m4a/aac files.

I am referring to the AAC dMC codec. What files DO you have the m4a Nero (AAC) folder? Just the .exe? Because without the encoder.txt file, dMC can't use the codec.

Comment

• ptmx2
          • Jul 2008

dbPA Music Converter and MP4 Codecs

Originally posted by LtData
          dMC doesn't associate itself with aac or m4a files, so don't worry about that. You would need some audio player software to play your m4a/aac files.

I am referring to the AAC dMC codec. What files DO you have the m4a Nero (AAC) folder? Just the .exe? Because without the encoder.txt file, dMC can't use the codec.
          LtData.

thanks for asking me what files where in the \m4a Nero (AAC)\ folder! I got what you are saying now. Yes, I have both the neroAacEnc.exe file AND the encoder.txt file in the cited folder. I also flashed on the problem I had with the Install Instruction for the Nero AAC Codec. The instruction states:

Installing Nero AAC Codec

This codec relies on the Nero Digital AAC encoder, it can be downloaded only from Nero directly:

Installation Instructions:

1) download the Nero codec Zip package from:

Nero Platinum - Nero is the leading provider of premium software for the multimedia experience. We make burning, streaming, editing more convenient and easier. Start your free trial today!

2) Open the zip file (by double clicking on it) and open the folder win32, select neroAacEnc and copy (Edit menu >> Copy). Open a new explorer window, it is important the old zip window is left open (press Windows Key + E) and browse to:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)

In the above folder select (Edit menu >> Paste). After extracting the following files should be present in the above folder:

encoder..................Text Document
          Nero.......................Bitmap Image
          neroAacEnc.............Application

The way the install instruction file was layed out fooled me. I though the above list was a list of (6) files. It is not. It is a list of (3) files.

1) encoder Text Document
          2) Nero Bitmap Image
          3.) neroAacEnc Application

Install problems solved. Now all I have to do is use dbPA to convert my .WAV files to Apple Lossless; ALAC .m4a.

Thank you for hanging in there with me. I appreciate it

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Re: dbPA Music Converter and MP4 Codecs

Not a problem, glad to hear y ou've figured it out.

Comment

Working...

]]>