title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist R13.x/R14

Re: Wishlist R13.x/R14

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    -drive tabs to run multiple rips on multiple drives all within 1 instance of dbpoweramp running
    now there's a long-standing, popularly requested feature !

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by freda View Post
    now there's a long-standing, popularly requested feature !
    ...which has been addressed via the release of the Batch Ripper.

-brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

I personally would still like to see drive tabs, especially since the Batch Ripper is aimed at commercial rippers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    I personally would still like to see drive tabs, especially since the Batch Ripper is aimed at commercial rippers.
    Yeah. However, I suspect that the devils' bargain is that end users get to use premium metadata for free with non-parallel/non-automated ripping only because parallel/automated ripping comes with the commercial price.

Adding drive tabs to the cd ripper to allow for paralle ripping would likely trigger a renegotiation of metadata/art pricing. The fact that this is still possible with multiple separate CD Ripper instance is somewhat mooted by the inconvenience of working with things that way.

[The business side of the above is all supposition on my part, of course.]

-bendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the ability to CAPITALIZE ALL INFO. Smart
    Capitalize just does not work. Really tired of having to manually edit album info. I should be able to "Upper all first letters" as can be done in EAC.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eenshotdj2.jpg

Thanks for an awesome program otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >"HDCD" indication in the GUI would be nice.

You can switch on the Technical column in CD Ripper (right click on Track Number to add the new column).
    Ah! Thank you.

Conversion to ID3v2.3 tags in the "Edit ID-Tag" shell extension when needed

Nobody uses software or devices that only support the old, limited ID3v1 tag
    format anymore, but there are still plenty of .mp3 files out there with only ID3v1 tags.

When I use dBpoweramp's "Edit ID-Tag" on a file with only an ID3v1 tag and try to enter a long song title with more than 32 characters, or add an album art image, it silently fails because version 1 of ID3 doesn't support it.

It would be much better if dBpoweramp could just upgrade the tag to ID3v2.3 where these features are supported. Or at least if I was given a warning about the limitations of the ID3v1 limitations.

Even the built-in Vista Explorer tag editor does this.

Improved handling of external album art files

There are two things I'd like to see improved with how external album art files (i.e. Folder.jpg) are managed in dBpoweramp:

1) The converter dialog needs an option to copy external album art files to wherever it creates the converted audio files, based on the existing "Arrange External Album Art" option in the "Arrange Audio" utility codec.

2) The existing "Arrange External Album Art" behavior in the "Arrange Audio" utility codec is to only move the following
    filenames: folder.jpg, cover.jpg, coverart.jpg, album.jpg, artwork.jpg and [filename].jpg

That arbitrary list excludes many common names such as Inlay.jpg, Back.jpg, Disc.jpg, CD.jpg and the hidden AlbumArt*.jpg files auto-generated by Windows Media Player.

Why not just move every *.jpg?

File rename based on tags directly in "Edit ID-Tag" shell extension dialog, and fix "Arrange Audio" codec to work also for renaming files without moving them

I'd love to see a way to rename one or multiple files opened in the "Edit ID-Tag" Explorer shell extension dialog based on tags and a file naming pattern, similar to how dBpoweramp CD Ripper names files and how the "Arrange Audio" utility codec can rename and rearrange them.

For now it's a two-step operation to fix a typo in a tag in most cases: Fix the tag, then fix it again in the filename. That's silly...

I know there are many utilities from other vendors for batch tag updating and renaming that do this, but since dBpoweramp also claims this functionality, why fall so far behind the competition in tag editing?

As for using the "Arrange Audio" codec to propagate a fixed tag into a filename, it has a couple of problems with doing this if you set it up to just rename and not move the file.

First, this codec really makes it awkward to just rename and not move a file. You can do it with the "Root Path" set to "C:" or whichever the driv is and the "Arrangement" set to, say, "[origpath]\[title]". But why make it this hard; why is the "Output Location"->"Original Folder" option grayed out?

Second, this fails to actually change the filenames when there is only a case change between the new tag value and hte filename, and that's a common edit.

dbpoweramp, for me is the best cd ripper and audio converter that I've ever used but still... I find 2 very irritating problem that I really hope that will be fixed in the future... To make it absolutely the best cd ripper tool and audio converter ever... First, the cd ripper program doesn't allow embedding 600x600 album art covers instead it convert it automatically to 500x500 resolution. (embedding 600x600 resolution is only allowed when you edit it one by one in the properties of the song) Second, the m4a tagging can support ID3v1 but not ID3v2 wich was very disappointing for me... can this be fixed? because if that will happen, this will be the standard tool for converting cd's to all kinds of devices using m4a and that will make it perfect to work such device as ipod, nokia phone, se phones, etc... including those old devices that do not support m4a tagging scheme... I hope you you got my message and maybe work for it for the next releases... Thank you for your consideration:-)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

@ seanchristian01
    Look into the options of CD-Ripper and encoders - there you will be able to change the default setting to your liking - for example, the default resize-setting for album-art is 500x500, but can be changed! Also, settings for ID-Tags can be adjusted (off-hand, I don't recall every detail, but look into adcanved codec settings and you'll see!)

m4a uses iTunes-like tags, which I don't believe are ID3v1, but I may be mistaken.

Unfortunately the stereo in my car only supports mp3 files with ID3v1. however the ability to convert v1 to v2 tags would be useful.

Actually, Wayne, that's easy:
    Set dBpoweramp Configuration to write ID3v2 mp3 tags, then run ID Tag Update against your mp3 files.

Is there any chance of getting the RAW codec back from the prior versions? I just had to use it again today, and had to roll back to 11.5. I would love it if I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall the latest version to do raw reading.

I did see a post made in 2007 that it was a low priority item... I guess I'm just hoping that it happens sometime in the foreseeable future.