title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tag wav files?

Re: Tag wav files? and more

iTunes will not read any WAV tags.

To get the WMA covers to show, I think you have to unhide protected system files.
    Also, use the [ID Tag Update] utility codec to import the album art into the files. If you get the beta version of this from the beta section of this forum, you can specify the filename to import from.

Re: Tag wav files?

Thanks for the answer on iTunes and wav.

On the WMA covers, I have used WMP to set the cover, the hidden files are made, and I can see them (namely, Folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg). But when the files are moved (say ftp'd), only some of the files seem to have the cover embedded. It seems to embed the cover in one file, create the hidden files, and ignore the rest of the files in that folder.

I understand you can't control the buggy behavior of WMP and want me to use dB to embed the covers. I will do that. dB will tell me when the tag has the cover and will say: "Album Art, ID Tag [WMA ID Tag]"

I have the beta and will follow the instructions on how to batch apply the cover to multiple folders using Convert To.

Thanks again. Too bad WMP doesn't write the cover to every file.

Are there standard specifications I can point other developers to for the id3 tag support in wav and aiff? I've found a variety of discussion on how this is/should be done, but I can't find any updated standards docs.

Administrator

AIFF uses an id3v2 chunk, as read by iTunes and written by dBpoweramp.

Wave has many tagging types, most programs will not read any, we write WAVE List, IDv3v2 chunk, BExt.

Yes, that I understand already. The reason I ask is the standards specifications I've found all seem to be from before any period where ID3 was in use in either format. None specify ID3 support explicitly, and in the case of WAV there is a bit of debate on how it 'should' be implemented on a number of boards.

I thought that since you have implemented it in your product you may have used specifications I can refer other developers to. LIST format is in the original wav spec, so my query was more specifically for ID3.

Administrator

I think Media Monkey will read the ID3v2 chunk also, the chunk is 'id3 '