title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Release 13.1

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Release 13.1

What is creating the share? (on which device) which Windows version do you have?

Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData View Post
    My mistake, I missed that in the changelog and, as I don't convert over the network, didn't notice that. So you are using the Batch Converter to select these files, or are you trying to right-click and "Convert To"?
    I've tried it both ways and neither works.

If I use the Batch Converter, I can browse to the folder in question, but it can't find any audio files inside. The file list is completely empty.

If I use the Convert To menu item, the files show up in dMC's list, but when I click the convert button it fails, and I get an error log like this:

Code:
    Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\01 In the Event.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\01 In the Event.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\01 In the Event.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\02 Necessary Pain.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\02 Necessary Pain.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\02 Necessary Pain.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\03 Thrown Away.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\03 Thrown Away.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\03 Thrown Away.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\04 Dogs of Peace.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\04 Dogs of Peace.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\04 Dogs of Peace.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\05 Do You Know_.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\05 Do You Know_.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\05 Do You Know_.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\06 I Wanna Know.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\06 I Wanna Know.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\06 I Wanna Know.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\07 The Truth.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\07 The Truth.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\07 The Truth.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\08 Pray to God.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\08 Pray to God.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\08 Pray to God.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\09 The Burning Bush.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\09 The Burning Bush.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\09 The Burning Bush.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\10 When I Believe It.flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\10 When I Believe It.IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\10 When I Believe It.flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]

Error converting to Test Conversion, '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\11 [Blank].flac' to '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\11 [Blank].IGNORE'
       Error opening file '\\Zach\music\Lossless\Dogs of Peace\{sp&*275;ak}\11 [Blank].flac' check no other program has it open.  [clDecoder::Open]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is creating the share? (on which device) which Windows version do you have?
    I'm running dBpoweramp from my desktop (LAN name: norm), which is running Windows XP Professional. The server where my music files reside (LAN name: zach) is running Ubuntu Hardy with Samba 3.0.28a.

I initially thought that Samba might be causing the problem, but I can also reproduce this bug if I copy the files to an XP Pro machine and share them from there.

Will the full 13.1 feature any changes in the implementation LAME 3.98 or will it be the same as in the 13.1 BETA?

dBpoweramp Guru

Win XP Pro SP3
    Flac 1.2.1b

I was ripping using the CD Ripper (not batch) last night when both drives slowed to a crawl. I finally gave up on the rips, took the discs out, inspected one and put it back in. I noticed that the same CD popped up for both instances of the ripper. This made me notice that both were now pointing to the same drive. They had been pointing to 2 separate drives, and somewhere in the middle of the rip they both started pointing to the same drive and trying to rip the same disc. Of course one still had the meta-data and track lengths for the other disc. On re-inserting the 2 discs and changing the second instance back to the correct drive they both ripped accurately without any problems.

Administrator

When you removed the disc it might have jumped to the 2nd drive with the disc present. When ripping the drive should remain fixed.

------

Will the full 13.1 feature any changes in the implementation LAME 3.98 or will it be the same as in the 13.1 BETA?
    Same

-------

RE: Converting with share, will note to look at.

Any news about my problem?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    When you removed the disc it might have jumped to the 2nd drive with the disc present. When ripping the drive should remain fixed.
    I don't think this is what happened. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I noticed even after ejecting the disc the meta-data remained on the screen. I restarted the ripper, and everything was clean.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    I don't think this is what happened. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I noticed even after ejecting the disc the meta-data remained on the screen. I restarted the ripper, and everything was clean.
    Is there any way to know that you didn't have both cdgrab.exe's pointing to the same drive before you started ripping those two CDs?

That is, perhaps they were both pointing at the same drive earlier than you thought? I've had a single instance of the cdgrab.exe window switch drives on me in the past between CDs, I just don't remember what the trigger was - perhaps it was a misclick on the lower-left-hand corner drive selection box (which I always forget is there, so familiar am I to the mid-screen drive selection box that shows up when no disc is inserted).

-brendan

BUG: Problems when lyrics tags are converted from WMA lossless (wma) to AAC with (m4a) apple tags.

When converting between (wma) to (m4a)
    After the conversion all the WMA meta data tags converted over correctly execpt for lyrics tags which only about 100 bytes get transferred over. The rest is lost

When converting between (mp3) to (m4a)
    After the conversion all the WMA meta data tags converted over correctly except for the lyrics tags which are lost all together.

PS.
    Thanks for resolving the lyrics tags that did not handled CR-LF correctly for MP3.

I believe those bugs would be related to the codecs, not dMC r13.1.

I notice the bottom part of the CD Ripper window (containing player, metadata, album art) is still not resizable in the latest beta.

Could it be implemented, since it must be rather a simple fix? It would save a lot of clicking and scrolling while editing and especially adding various metadata fields.

In the present version there is a huge unused white area in the middle of my 1200 pixel high screen. The unused space is there on smaller screens too.
    Last edited by atlantic; 08-23-2008 at 11:46 AM.

If an artist name includes the & character, perfectmeta changes it to a semicolon, for example:

Earth, Wind & Fire --> Earth, Wind; Fire

This results as the following tag fields:
    ARTIST=Earth, Wind
    ARTIST=Fire

I suppose it would be best if the & character would not be renamed like this since there are so many groups with that character part of the name.

Administrator

It is an option you can switch off under Options >> Meta Data & ID Tags.

Aah, sorry about that. I think I remember it now. I left it ticked since it included also "feat." and "ft.".

Wouldn't it be better to leave "&" out? More often than not "&" doesn't indicate different artists but a whole group. And if it does, more often than not that group+artist is known for being a single group.

"feat." and "ft." however pretty always refer to an artist not known to be part of the group but just a brief guest star.

Well, in the end it's by far not the most important issue.

To reply to myself: I guess you could just untick the option and make custom rules for feat. and ft.

Sorry about the mess