title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evil Dave
    • Jun 2008

Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

I'm trying to automate as much of my tagging as possible and I love the programmable tagging. I'd like to be able to have soundtracks get ripped to a soundtracks sub folder (Soundtrack\[Album]\) when the genre Soundtrack is identified in the meta information while everything else gets my normal [Artist]\[Album]\ treatment.

I saw some IF... SET... options in a forum question regarding the Batch Ripping process but not sure if that could be applied to the normal CD Ripper process.

Thanks much.
  • 73ChargerFan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2006

Re: Is it possible to change rip directory based on "some" genres?

I do the same thing. So far, I've just ripped soundtrack albums in batches, then move them manually.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

What you could do possibly is put this in your naming string, note I haven't tested it so can't verify it works.

[IFEQALS][genre],Sountrack,Soundtrack\[][IF!EQUALS][genre],Sountrack,[artist]\[]

Comment

• moley6knipe
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

Why not set a profile for ripping Soundtracks?

I've got 4 profiles set, and I just select one according to what type of disc (ie single-artist disc, comp disc etc) I'm ripping. That way you can be incredibly specific about file-naming, folder structure, permitted tags for e.g. soundtracks, without affecting the settings for other, non-soundtrack, rips.

Comment

Working...

]]>