title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Confused on AMG and Batch Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InorganicMatter
    • Jun 2008

Confused on AMG and Batch Ripper

I'm sure I'm not the only one confused, maybe this warrants a sticky.

I see that the Batch Ripper allows 400 "free" rips, and it's 7 cents/CD for AMG after that. How does that work out with the AMG license I got with R13 Reference, and the AMG license renewals I buy for Reference? Is it a completely separate "product," even though it's still doing the same thing (tag lookup)?

Not complaining about the money, just want to make sure I don't buy something I already have.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Confused on AMG and Batch Ripper

It is more a licensing with issue with AMG, initially they did not want any concession (no 400 lookups) because they saw the Batch Ripper as mainly a commercial product and they wanted to pretect their $0.10 a CD lookup (which is the standard commercial rate).

I took many months of negotiating to achieve the 400 concession.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• InorganicMatter
      • Jun 2008

Re: Confused on AMG and Batch Ripper

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is more a licensing with issue with AMG, initially they did not want any concession (no 400 lookups) because they saw the Batch Ripper as mainly a commercial product and they wanted to pretect their $0.10 a CD lookup (which is the standard commercial rate).

I took many months of negotiating to achieve the 400 concession.
      I see, its a separate product from the normal AMG license, since the use of their database in the Batch Ripper is for commercial use instead of personal use.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...

]]>