title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

SONOS Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sashua
    • Jun 2008

SONOS Question

I am just now starting to use CD Ripper to convert my CD's to FLAC for my Sonos system.

When I rip to Flac the tracks don't come up by themselves.

For instance, when I encoded the new Saliva album the first track came up as:
    Saliva -01 - Blood Stained Love Story - Ladies and Gentlemen
    instead of just "Ladies and Gentlemen"

Will this come up as the former or the latter on my Sonos system when I hook it all up? If the former, can I just rename the file and remove all the excess info? Is that the best way to handle this task or is there a setting for a quick fix?

Thanks!
    Russ
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: SONOS Question

>Saliva -01 - Blood Stained Love Story - Ladies and Gentlemen

That is from the filename, now sonos should be reading the ID Tags and using those, hold the mouse over that flac file, dBpoweramp will show if the file contains ID Tags and the type.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rimshot
      • Jul 2011

Re: SONOS Question

Odd quirk with Sonos and WAV files: it "misses" the ID Tagging from lots of tracks off lots of albums. Sonos does "see" the files but seems unable to read the ID Tags correctly on some tracks while others are perfect. I've checked the ID tag info and can see no mismatch between the different files - there is nothing wrong with the brilliant job that D

Comment

Working...

]]>