title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Convert To" fails when selected in right-click context menu

"Convert To" fails when selected in right-click context menu

Hello,

I absolutely love dBpoweramp music converter, but there's a bug that completely drives my insane with this product, since it forces me to launch the app from the start menu, drill down through all my folders, and then select each item in a folder before I can start a batch convert.

I expect that I should be able to select a set of files in a folder from within Windows, right click and select "Convert To" from the context menu, and initiate a batch conversion. But instead, *every time* I try this, dBpoweramp displays an error dialog saying I must install the codec first (ape, flac, etc), even though the codec's already installed! If I click OK I'm navigated to the dB poweramp website, but if I install the codec again I keep getting this dialog. So essentially invoking the Convert process from a folder location does not work.

I'm a registered Power Pack user of Version 12.4. Is this a known issue with a workaround, or perhaps a bug that will get fixed in an upcoming version? It would make it so much easier to invoke a batch process from the folder location, instead of having to launch the app from the start menu and navigate to deeply-nested folders and click to select each item.

Thank you,
    Steve

Administrator

Re: "Convert To" fails when selected in right-click context menu

What audio files are you converting from?

Do you have only r12.4 installed or do you have another version installed also?

Hello,

Yes, I only have r12.4 installed -- I just checked "Add/Remove Programs", and that's the only dbPowerAmp app installed (along with with the dbPA codecs for FLAC, mp4, Monkeys, Musepack, Ogg Vorbis, WavPack, WMA10 and WMA9).

I continue hitting this issue whenever I try to convert using the right-click menu, whether it's from FLAC or mp4 to mp3 or mp3 to wma. Is this fixed in the latest release?

Thanks,
    Steve

It couldn't hurt to install a registered version of r13 and then the r13.1 beta, in case this is actually fixed but I am unsure.