title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: A separate log file for <Inaccurate> and <Secure (Warning)> flagged tracks

A separate log file for <Inaccurate> and <Secure (Warning)> flagged tracks

A separate log file which would include only the tracks that were ripped as inaccurate or secure (warning). You dont always notice these rips as dMC doesnt prompt for these minor errors at the end, but just pops the CD out (if that's how dMC's set).

From a separate log file it would be simple to look for only the tracks that weren't ripped Accurately and Securely.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: A separate log file for <Inaccurate> and <Secure (Warning)> flagged tracks

Quote Originally Posted by atlantic View Post
    A separate log file which would include only the tracks that were ripped as inaccurate or secure (warning).
    Just search?

I did make a hack which grabs a screenshot at the end and saves it to a file with warnings appended to file name though -- works quicker for me.

Yes, search works quite well, you're right.

dMC currently has an option to mark a track as an Error if it was Insecure, but not the other two options.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have requested multiple time the option to move the entire disc to an inaccurate/re-rip directory if any track is inaccurate/insecure/error.

It would also be nice if dBpoweramp would check this directory when the disc is placed in the drive again and only prompt the ripping of inaccurate tracks and have the ability to move the disc to the securely ripped directory if/when all tracks are accurately ripped.

I like that idea, EliC

dBpoweramp Guru

This will be especially useful with the batch ripper.

I don't know how different pressings of the same disc would be handled, though AR2 may help.

Business-wise a stronger policy for suspicious rips might further strengthen dMC's brand as a high-fidelic audiophile tool which is adamant about bit-perfection.

It seems that there is still a wide misconception of EAC being the only true audiophile tool.