title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectMeta: Preset source preferences per tag field

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atlantic
    • Jan 2008

PerfectMeta: Preset source preferences per tag field

AMG very often provides the recording date of an album while others provide the release date. I believe the date of release is of more use for the majority of users.

AMG usually seems to be the choice of release date for dMC. Possibly because of a more detailed info (month and day)?

I would like to be able to pre-define a preference for year data provided by other than AMG sources.
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: PerfectMeta: Preset source preferences per tag field

Originally posted by atlantic
    AMG very often provides the recording date of an album while others provide the release date. I believe the date of release is of more use for the majority of users.
    Funny you should mention this. Myself I am a bit annoyed that a 1974 recording too frequently shows up as the year the CD was released. (And maybe even worse: not consistently.)

Comment

• atlantic
      • Jan 2008

Hmm.. Actually I did mean the original date of release. I don't like to use the release date of re-issue either.

Comment

• moley6knipe
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

For what it's worth, I always tag using the year the original album was released, whether that be on vinyl, CD or whatever.

So it would be a nice preference to be able to tweak!

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by moley6knipe
          For what it's worth, I always tag using the year the original album was released, whether that be on vinyl, CD or whatever.
          That's what I want too. But AMG is inconsistent.

Comment

Working...

]]>