title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

tagging FLAC: language?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LowWaterMark
    • Jun 2008

tagging FLAC: language?

I am beginning to convert my CD library to FLAC. I understand from reading this thread that Vorbis Comments has been declared the codec standard for tagging FLAC files. If I understand correctly, id3v2.3 is also a functionally acceptable alternative at the present time.

My dilemma is that I find Vorbis to be much more difficult to understand and use than id3v2 and I wish to remedy this. I read LtData's Naming Scheme Tutorial and I am sincerely grateful for his labor. Unfortunately, I am still suffering from hazy understanding. The author assumes knowledge which unfortunately I lack. Questions:

1) is there a recommended third party tutorial that teaches Ogg Vorbis tagging?

2) what is the downside to using id3v2.* for tagging FLAC files?

3) is there a software utility that simplifies tagging of FLAC files with Vorbis Comments and is compatible with dBpoweramp Reference?

Last edited by LowWaterMark; 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: tagging FLAC: language?

Don't use id3v2 for flac unless you have an older player which cannot be updated, many new players will not read id3v2 in flac.

The Naming Tutorial is jsut for generating the filename, this does not change the tagging.

Generally speaking CD Ripper will write the correct ID Tags for your FLAC files, there is no need to change anything.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>