title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC Tags music info plugin for Directory Opus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeoDavidson
    • Jun 2008

dMC Tags music info plugin for Directory Opus

Hello,

I've written a plugin that hooks Directory Opus into dBpoweramp Reference to enable Opus to display tags and metadata for several audio formats that it doesn't support out-of-the-box.

Directory Opus also allows you to use music tags when renaming files. This lets you to tidy up your music's filenames or even rearrange the files into new album folders using your chosen of naming system. See the second screenshot below for an example where Opus and dBpoweramp are working together via the plugin to sort the garbled filenames on an iPod into album folders.

I don't know how many people use both Opus and dBpoweramp but I use & love both programs and the plugin was really easy to write thanks to dBpoweramp Reference's COM interface, so I thought "why not."

More info on the plugin can be found here:

If you've never heard of Opus before then the introductions I wrote are a good place to start:

Hope some of you find it useful.
    Last edited by LeoDavidson; 06-04-2008, 08:39 AM.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: dMC Tags music info plugin for Directory Opus

Great news! Something for me to look at when I get home tonight.

Comment

• Nonreality
      • Feb 2008

I'm on the trial mode of Opus and yeah there isn't a better file manager. Almost brings back memories of Xtree gold. I don't think anything will be better than that back in the dos days. I'll see if the plugin will work with the demo, that was one thing I was missing from explorer, no db tool tips. I'll also check out your instructions on using Opus as there is a ton of stuff you can do with it. 2 months isn't enough time.

Comment

• LeoDavidson
        • Jun 2008

The trial version of Opus doesn't block plugins so you should be fine there.

To get music information in tooltips you may have to add some more extensions into the Music file type group in Opus. (Settings -> File Types. Then either: a) Double-click the Music file type group and add extensions to it; or: b) find each file type in the bottom section of the list and use the right-hand column to add them to the group. A drop-down will appear when you hover the mouse over the right-hand side of the list.)

You could also define tooltips for the individual music file types, but since the Music file type group already has a good tooltip definition (I think it's there by default, anyway!) then it's quicker to add formats to that group.

It is odd that the columns added by the dBpoweramp shell extension (not the ones added by this plugin) and tooltips are blank in Opus. I keep meaning to look into that with a debugger and see if I can at least tell whether the problem is in Opus or dBpoweramp (and then send the details to whoever can fix it) but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

PS: Hey Wayne.

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Hi. Great plug in.

I do know that the shell extensions added by r11.5 used to work. One obvious difference is that the original additional columns were prefixed by a '-' whilst the new columns seem to have a space ' '.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>