title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip As 1: Can I Snap?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demodave
    • Jul 2003

Rip As 1: Can I Snap?

I am so glad that "Rip As 1" has been included in R13; but I cannot find a needed function: SNAP. Is there a function in the Rip As 1 Window to snap the start point to the beginning of a certain track and the end point to the end of a later track?

EAC has this and it makes it very simple to rip two (or more) tracks as one without manually having to set the time for the start and end points.

Am I just missing the "snap to track" function?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rip As 1: Can I Snap?

It should automatically snap if you are very close to the start or end.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Demodave
      • Jul 2003

And it does...I was looking for a button that snapped it to the track boundary. I should've played with it more. Thanks for a great product!!

Comment

• texasflood
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
        It should automatically snap if you are very close to the start or end.
        I'm a bit confused as to how this works. When you click [Rip as 1] it shows the track list and a blue bar with numbers on it. Above that is a graph showing the start/end points and total time. Next to that is a picture of a mouse which seems to indicate that you should left click on the track you want to begin with and right click on the track to end with. When I tried this it both started and ended the ripped track in the middle of songs. If it helps, I was trying to rip Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini, which sounds horrible if the tracks are ripped seperately. It starts at track 1 and ends at track 24, with a couple of other works after it, so I can't just rip the entire CD as one track. I knew even before listening that I did something wrong, because the blue bar was starting about a forth of the way in and not at the far left.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Close the program, restart it and the whole disc should be selected (is that not what you are after?)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texasflood
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
            Close the program, restart it and the whole disc should be selected (is that not what you are after?)
            No, I was trying to rip part of a CD as one track. I feel rather stupid now after I figured out that the numbers on the blue bar are the track numbers, and you just click which tracks you want to start and end at. I was clicking on the tracks on the track list.

I suppose you have to go back and rip the remaining tracks that you want ripped after you finish the Rip As 1 track?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If that is what you want, yes.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>