title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wont connect to Freedb

Re: Wont connect to Freedb

Seems the support has dried up :cry: Any chance of getting some input from Spoon?
    Thanks

Again, you didn't answer some questions:

Did you install and run the program with Administrator rights?
    Are you running any kind of ad-blocking software, a firewall, browser add-in?

Administrator

Try the offline database? (seriously if you look at freedb stats, dbpoweramp is accessing freedb millions of times each year, so it is very isolated to perhaps a firewall, or similar).

Ltdata,
    Previously I mentioned (March 6) I am the admin,disabled the firewall, disconnect the router to connect directly to the DSL modem. I have not popup blocker except what is in IE.
    I guess the part that confounds be is I have no problem connecting with other programs having FreeDb access.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Try the offline database? (seriously if you look at freedb stats, dbpoweramp is accessing freedb millions of times each year, so it is very isolated to perhaps a firewall, or similar).

Spoon,
    I am able to get db's on all of my cd's using winamp and media player, when I attempt to get the db using DMC audio cd input, it gives me a message telling me it can not connect to the server.

It did this at school, as well as now at home. DMC seems to be the issue.

I am clearly able to connect to the server, though.

How do I resolve this?

Even using the offline database it can not read it.

Banned

If you visit the site

http://www.freedb.org/index.php

The answer's there.
    Freedb is no longer supported and they need help or some one to replace them!!! It will be shut down. The URL is already up for takers.
    Last edited by lucky; 07-04-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Administrator

freedb is still serving data, it is not closed yet.

R12 will have a rewritten tcp class (it does already, just not released), there are subtle changes which if your internet traffic was filtered through another application which changed it slightly then there was a possiblity it might not work with old dMCs. freedb is changing, it could go down, freedb2.org is up and running, and we are switching to a commercial (and better in our eyes AMG).