title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wont connect to Freedb

Re: Wont connect to Freedb

Is Spoon still developing/supporting this program?
    Yes he is. He is, of course, pretty much the sole developer/programmer.

Where deos your hangup occur? Is it when you insert the disk and the system says its trying to connect to AccurateRip or will it proceed from there and not be able to connect to FreedB?

If your problem is the first, this may be an AccurateRip configuration problem and LtData's recommendation in post *42 is the best solution for that problem. Just turning off AccurateRip in dMC Configuration will not help.

If the problem is that it won't connect with FreedB itself, have you checked the instructions for configuring dMC from within dMC Audio CD Input as outlined in your Help file (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help, find section on Audio CD Input, find subsection on freedb settings and submissions).

Assuming you have tried this, can you post your current freedb settings?

Best wishes,
    Bill

You never responded to my suggestion: Delete the "Accuraterip.dll" file in the dMC install directory while dMC isn't running.

First of all "Thank You" all for your help.
    I have been tied up with the rest of my life like kids soccer games etc.
    I deleted the accurip dll and that stopped it from trying to load.
    On to freeDB. I am using the standard settings, port 80 etc., but have tried selecting alternative Freedb servers. When I select retrieve it says downloading and connecting, tries the au server then a dialog box pops on saying unable to connect, check internet connection which is OK for everything else.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks again

Are you using a proxy server? Are you using a firewall? If so, is it prompting you to allow dMC access to the network or have you already allowed it?

I am not using a proxy server, have disabled the XP firewall and am connecting the computer directly to the DSL router and not using my usual wireless ruter for these tests.
    I also tried changing the port setting from 80 to 1030 with the same result
    Additionally I have de installed the program using the program uninstaller, deleted the "Illustrate" directory and reinstalled.
    Thanks
    Last edited by duxdad; 03-07-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Have you tried the total uninsatll here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 ?

I had done this before but just repeated to be sure. I used the de-install in the control panel, deleted the dbpoweramp folder in program files the did the registry edit. None of this helped.
    Has anyone had any sucess using other port numbers? As I mentioned before I do have a program, Magic File Renamer" that access's FreeDB without incident. As both accurip and the freedb access are not working I suspect there is a very basic problem here! Just can not fathom what it may be :(
    Thanks

Check the hosts file on your computer to make sure you are not blocking access to those freedb sites.

Per your suggestion earlier I did that (Post45), I just rechecked and there are no entries in the host file.
    Thanks

Did you try to ping the freedb site?

This is what I'm getting:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\...\>ping freedb.freedb.org

Pinging freedb.freedb.org [81.222.173.21] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.222.173.21: bytes=32 time=191ms TTL=47
    Reply from 81.222.173.21: bytes=32 time=162ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 81.222.173.21:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 162ms, Maximum = 191ms, Average = 169ms
    I don't know if you use the ip address directly instead of the url if it might work.

I pinged freedb.freedb.org and successfully got to IP 203.16.234.50 between 273 - 280 MS. I also tried the IP you provided , 81.222.173.21 and got 180 MS
    I entered the IP address into the program and got the same result, no connection.
    I do not know if this is normal but when I select "freedb server" it akes about 50 - 60 seconds for the dialog box to open. Normal?
    Thanks

Don't know if thus was addressed, too many posts to back through: are you logged into an administrator account? For both the installation and subsequent use?

Are you sing IE or some other browser? I think you mentioned XP already. SP2 installed?

Anything like Spybot running at the same time?

You say that you have disabled Windows XP firewall are you using any other type of filewall that maybe preventing dMC communicating to the internet?

Have you tried using another software that checks CDs against freedb? If so, do they work? CDAID is freeware and its main purpose is the retrieve/post details to freedb.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Have you tried using another software that checks CDs against freedb? If so, do they work? CDAID is freeware and its main purpose is the retrieve/post details to freedb.

Wayne
    It looks like yes:

Quote Originally Posted by duxdad
    As I mentioned before I do have a program, Magic File Renamer" that access's FreeDB without incident. As both accurip and the freedb access are not working I suspect there is a very basic problem here! Just can not fathom what it may be :(
    Thanks

Christina is correct, I use "Magic File Renamer" which can access Freedb and does so correctly.
    As an test I downloaded/installed CDaid and it also accessed Freedb correctly.
    Thanks and keep those suggestions coming